“Great Experience”

Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a marvelous dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant is in an old lumber mill and the setting is quite unique. I;m sure it can get noisy at times, but it was fine for our early dinner. Very helpful and pleasant service, always there at the right time. Nice wine list and an interestimg menu. Our guest had the duck and it was the best he had ever had! I was lucky to get a tast. My wife had the halibut and the nettle pesto added a very unique flavor. i had the lamb pasta and it was good but the other two dfishes were better. We finished with gelato. The huckleberry was great as was the salted carmel. The staff did a nice job adjusting the sides to deal with gluten and dairy allergies. I'm surprised about some of the negative reviews as it was clear to us that this is a very well run restaurant.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I took my husband to Walla Walla last weekend for his birthday weekend. We were pleased with our restaurant choices (which included Friday lunch at Brasserie Four, Friday dinner at Saffron, Saturday lunch at Olive Marketplace & Cafe) until Saturday dinner at Whitehouse-Crawford.

In hindsight it started to go wrong when the waiter didn't ask us how we wanted our meats cooked. I say hindsight because neither my husband nor I ever realized he hadn't asked us at the time of our order. However, when the waiter brought our entrees we realized he hadn't asked us how we wanted our meats cooked. My husband's duck was slightly more cooked than he would have liked but my hamburger was welldone and, for me, inedible. I told the waiter it was too well done and commented that we realized that he hadn't asked how we wanted our meats cooked. He said it wasn't their practice to ask and they typically cooked their hamburgers medium well. Not sure why they would pick that tempurature over medium if they were going to pick a standard temperature but, nonetheless, he offered to redo it to my preferred temperature (medium rare) which I appreciated, though I was slightly surprised by his attitude as he abruptly cleared the plate.

Even worse than the attitude was the fact that he didn't return for 25 minutes. In the meantime, after about 15 minutes and as my husband was finishing his dinner, I flagged down another waiter (I hadn't seen ours since he left the table) and asked if he could ask our waiter to cancel the redo. About 10 minutes later (after my husband had already finished his dinner), our original waiter came with the redone hamburger. We told him we had asked that the order be cancelled about 10 minutes prior and he asked if I wanted to take it to go because he was going to have to charge me for it anyway.

My husband and I eat out 2-3 times a week and enjoy traveling for food. I was so disappointed in this service I felt compelled to write. The ambience is quite nice but If you decide to eat here just make sure you remember to tell your waiter how you want your meat done--don't expect his to ask...

1  Thank foreverparis
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

A nice menu that is quite diverse. Everything is fresh and well prepared. A good wine menu of local wines. A bit pricey but good.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Chef Jamie and his team never disappoint! Great bright, clean atmosphere. Friendly, very professional wait staff. Gorgeous wine cellar & facility. Private room for events and table side windows that look into Seven Hills Winery. Very cool! Any special request/special occasion has always been honored without question. We/I am always recommending as the best restaurant in Walla Walla!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a very nice dinner, felt fine wearing blue jeans, were waited on very professionally and enjoyed the relaxing experience.

We did indulge in the fried Walla Walla onions since it was our trip to Walla Walla; they were very light and not greasy at all, had a slight cayenne pepper bite to them and we took photos of them and sent them around! The best fried onions we'd ever had!