“The best place to stay in Walla Walla”

Walla Walla Garden Motel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Dallas, Texas
“The best place to stay in Walla Walla”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

In MAY, 2012, My wife and I stayed again at the Colonial Motel while visiting our daughter, a student at Whitman College. As in our earlier visit in 2010, the owners, Carolyn and Dick Tuttle took great care to ensure that our visit was pleasant and comfortable. Not only is the motel one of the best lodging values in the area, the owners are always ready with good suggestions about places to go and see while in Walla Walla. We cannot recommend this place too highly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vonhanep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Was in town to scope out the scene to see if I wanted to move to Walla Walla and attend graduate school. Carolyn was great at selling me on the city and had wonderful things to say about the program I want to attend. Loved that she took the time to explore what I might want for dinner, breakfast, and lunch while there. BTW- She gave awesome recommendations. The room was clean, spacious, and just what I needed for the reason I was there. Obviously Carolyn sold me... will stay there again when I go back to look for jobs and housing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LaraAnn_2b
Reviewed 19 April 2012

For the price got to buy more wine. Quiet didn't hear any traffic easy access to airport winery's. Older but well keep. Friendly staff

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 6 April 2012

If you like basic comfort and appeal, combined with low prices, this is the place for you! It is well maintained with TLC (tender loving care). A 'front lawn' grassy area makes an inviting community feel to this 1950's newly remodeled small motel.

• Stayed April 2012
Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and stayed at this motel when we visited Whitman College. Although old-fashioned, the room was perfectly clean and comfortable. The owner was friendly and helpful, giving directions and suggestions. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cellogirl
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I just started my job as a mail carrier and I am staying here at the colonial motel till I get an apartment in the area. I came in late my first night and`she left the heat on which was very thoughtful of her. Low weekly rates 36.00 a night more tv channels offered than your major chains. A homely feel here wood accent wall nice pictures on the wall extremely comfortable beds and fast running hi speed internet and best of all housekeeper wise its the same person the owner very friendly and trusting.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
olympia
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stayed here for a week while working in WW. I researched hotels as I wasn't thrilled about staying in a cheap Super 8/Motel 6 or overpriced Holiday Inn. I decided to gamble on this place after reading reviews. I was even more pleased with this hotel than I expected. My room was a "smaller" room but still had a sitting area, queen bed, closet-type area for the fridge/microwave (and the fridge was a larger mini-fridge that actually worked!) and a full-sized bathroom with tub. The room was very clean, had ample lamps/lighting and a great micro-fiber reclining loveseat. Windows opened in the front room and bathroom. There was a Vizio flat screen tv and desk with free wi-fi. The wi-fi wasn't working one night and I just called and they were able to fix it. It took me a couple nights to get used to the bed, but it ended up being firm and comfortable (I have a memory foam topper on my bed at home, so I'm used to that). The maid service was great. The only thing that I even thought twice about was the shower temp - I couldn't get a comfortable water temp even moving the knob just a smidgen either way (too hot/too cold) but it's certainly not something that I would cause me to reduce the rating for this motel. I mostly took baths anyway. I would come back to this place and love to support a real mom & pop joint. It was also very quiet, which was great!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business