“Excellent Service-Comfortable accommodations”

Walla Walla Garden Motel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed 29 May 2014

John, Dick and Carolyn:
You made my stay in Walla Walla an enjoyable experience. I found the accommodations comfortable, the room clean, quiet and very close to Whitman College- where I attended my grandson's graduation.
Should I find my way to Walla Walla in the future, I will certainly make reservations for another stay. I would also be more than happy to recommend the Colonial Motel to others.
Ray

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is an old style motel that has been well maintained. Our room was clean and quiet. The price is very reasonable. Breakfast is not included, but there are several fine places to get breakfast nearby in downtown Walla Walla. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

TripAdvisor has not let me down yet. We loved this place. The place is older, but nicely maintained. The owners were very friendly and most helpful with restaurant choices. The garden area was beautiful. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was our 4th stay at the lovely Colonial Motel in lovely Walla Walla!
The rooms are basic , with small frig and micro , shower nice size and the rooms are spotless!
We love the garden area where you can sit in the green grass and enjoy a glass of vino, nice people
own the motel.
Great value ,

Mike
I

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

When in Walla Walla, this is the place to stay if you are looking for clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodations. If you fly into Walla Walla as I did, it's handy that the motel is just a mile from the airport, too. The owners were helpful when I needed to locate transportation and restaurants, and made me feel very welcome. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 5 and found it very comfortable.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I found the Colonial Motel through TripAdvisor and I'm glad I did! I would call this drive-in motel 'funky comfort' - a throwback to the drive-in motels of my youth. If appearances are everything to you, this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a comfortable room at a great price, this is the place to be! We booked three singles side by side - very affordable! Amenities in the rooms included fabulous pillows on the bed, which we all raved about. They were the "perfect" pillow you hope to find in a hotel and often don't. The bed was very comfortable and warm! Each room had a nice size flat-screen TV with cable, a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and alarm clock, plus a desk and side chair. While the rooms are small and not fancy they have everything you need and they're clean! We had nice fresh towels daily. My shower was fine with good spray and hot water, however, one person in my party was not thrilled with her shower as she was unable to adjust the spray. The nozzles sit high in the shower which is great for tall people, but if you can't adjust the spray they tend to spray out too much. Out front of the rooms is a lovely landscaped area with chairs that, weather permitting, is a nice place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine. Fortunately, the weather was still warm enough so we did just that. The Colonial Motel was a great find. I thought my family might kill me because it wasn't the Ritz (we're a bunch of snobs), but everyone was pleased with the affordability and the comfort - a good night's sleep is priceless! Oh, and for breakfast, we went to Ed's - just a half block down the street - not fancy, but darned good. A few observations beyond the comfort of the room were that the free wi-fi didn't seem to work real well on my smart phone (AT&T). I found it faster to use my mobile network than the motel wi-fi. Also, while the rooms are all non-smoking, mine definitely smelled of smoke. That may have been because the chairs placed out front have ashtrays next to them, so maybe smoked wafted in from the previous occupant - I aired the room out while we drank wine. And, finally, while the motel is quiet with no road noise, the walls tend to be thin. This motel is family owned and they take pride in ensuring your stay is comfortable. Very nice people! So, save your money for the fabulous wineries and the great restaurants you'll find in Walla Walla and book into the Colonial Motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ask for the corner room! Cozy, quiet- I kept expecting Ricky & Lucy to show up. Quaint place to stay and definitely saved money for all of the other things we wanted to spend our money on. Took excellent walks in the morning up to WWCC and around the Mill Creek watershed- excellent stay!

Room Tip: Stayed in the corner room & it was perfect for 3 of us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends