“Great Bargain and Easy Access”

Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Seattle, WA
“Great Bargain and Easy Access”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. Nice clean, comfortable room with excellent amenities. Breakfast included. As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is not in downtown Walla Walla. However, the downtown area and colleges are in close driving distances.

Room Tip: Ask for creek side room
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TheLuke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After an early drill day in an unheated armory it was wonderful to warm up in the room. The hot wings at the lounge were super. Overall great staff who take pride in their jobs and make the stay better.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stay here quite often on business and have only been disappointed once. This was not the fault of the hotel or staff but the Mercer Island All Stars were staying there on this particular trip. I probably don't need to say more other than it wasn't the children who were the problem but the parents were extremely rude and seemed to feel rules didn't apply to them. I was embarrassed for them.
Anyway, I will continue to stay there unless I get a heads up that they may be back:)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Great staff, good value, and they actually read and accomodate my special requests on my internet reservation. If you're looking for lodging that is within walking distance of downtown, this isn't the place. If you don't mind a 3 minute drive to the "city" (Walla Walla is a small town), the Comfort Inn is great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend in Walla Walla cycling and visiting wineries. The Comfort Inn was great. Room was spacious, clean, fairly new (remodeled?), modern, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast was better than most free breakfasts. Eggs, meat, waffles, pastries, fruit, etc. All of the staff were professional, courteous, and helpful. The location is almost 2 miles from downtown, but the area it is located in is fine. And, right off rt 12. I overheard some other guests arranging a shuttle, but we did not use it. A nice restaurant and great espresso stand are next door. There is a walking/jogging path directly behind the hotel. The only concern my wife had were the small pillows. Very nice hotel. Reasonable rates. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2012

It was okay. The location - buried in an industrial area off the highway and away from downtown - was not convenient to anything except the highway, and was only attractive to people who like parking lots. One girl I spoke to on the phone was friendly and helpful, as was one of the breakfast ladies, but everyone else made me feel like my being there was a bother to them -- even just the crime of checking in. The room was clean but hot, humid and very stuffy when we checked in, and the air conditioner was too loud and vigorous to leave on at night, even on low, so it stayed stuffy all night. The bathroom was pleasant and clean, and they had a small but pleasant pool and hot tub. Except for the awful coffee (so bad I spit it out and waited to get to the nearest Starbucks), breakfast was okay; warmed up scrambled eggs, and fresh waffles in addition to the usual junk pastries and cereal. But considering the price, location and (lack of) service, I think next time I'll stay at the La Quinta, which had a much better location, comparable quality and ratings, at about half the price. Or if I want more than just a clean bed, I'll spend just a little more and stay at one of the lovely B&Bs in the area, or the Marc.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lauri S
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for work. It was late at night when I arrived, so I was quite surprised when I opened the blinds the next morning and gazed upon the mosquito breeding ground and junk yard in the back of the property. I did not quite expect that given the $130+ a night room rate. The room was comfortable enough, albeit a bit dirty, there was some trash on the bathroom counter when I checked in. Shortly after unpacking, my smoke detector started chirping. The front staff guys were prompt to come back up to my room and change the battery out. The breakfast was adequate, although the chairs and tables were super awkward. When asked by the locals I was working with where I was staying and I told them, they said, "Oh my! You're in the ghetto!". I was then instructed not to walk around at night. The hotel is sort of in the middle of a whole lot of nothing. Did I mention the $130+ a night??? So... given the location, the view, and okay room.. it was overpriced in my opinion.

Room Tip: The backside of the property offers lovely views of a junkyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business