“Great front desk service from Alex”

Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Yakima, Washington
“Great front desk service from Alex”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Starting with my call to this hotel to get directions thru post-check in, Alex exhibited exemplary service for my co-worker and myself during 2 separate stays. He was always extremely pleasant and helpful. Because of the assistance he provided, I chose this hotel to return to later the same week. (despite an encounter with another front desk clerk with an attitude when I questioned having a room 2 doors down from the noisy ice/beverage machines since I had requested a quiet location).

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator and beverage/ice machines.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank asis76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
vancouver
Reviewed 30 October 2013

newish hotel, not close to shopping or restaurants

very nice staff

little pricey for the area

clean, good sized room, with comfortable bed linens (only downside was mattress that tilted noticeably to the north, but since I sleep on my side facing south, I didn't roll off...)

has a patio with chairs and tables at the back

Room Tip: upper floor rooms on the south side face agricultural water channel and are away from highway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank desertfor123456
Seattle
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Anyone can have an off-day, and perhaps that's what happened here, but in view of other reviews citing "friendly and helpful staff" etc. I'm prompted to write:

I was checked-in by Jackie.wa184, and have to say this employee was among the most unfriendly I've encountered in some time at any major hotel chain (or anywhere else for that matter). Her attitude suggested that I was more of a bother and interruption to her day than the chief reason for her paid position there (i.e. "customer service"). This was shown in several ways during our 3-4 minute interaction, but most chiefly in her ignorance of and refusal to learn an iota more about what a prepaid "Advance Purchase" rate and stay booked via Comfort Inn's website (choicehotels.com) entails.

When I hesitated at signing a rate confirmation that provided absolutely no evidence of my prepayment--which had in-fact already been charged to my credit card and paid in-full over one month prior to my arrival--Jackie.wa184 assured me that my card *would* be charged once again and implied I was confused at suggesting otherwise.

In point of fact, my card was NOT charged again as Jackie.wa184 insisted it would be--which was confirmed later on my statement at check-out, and was surely evident in the records in front of her if she had bothered to take a moment to access them during my check-in. I'll add that I was the only customer at the desk, so it's not as if my question was keeping anyone else waiting.

I've learned a long time ago that arguing with ignorant front-desk staff is pointless, but must say that this employee's poor attitude will make me think twice about booking at Comfort Inn--and most certainly this location--again, as will the overpowering smell of chlorine from the adjacent indoor pool/spa area that permeated the lobby and breakfast area of this particular establishment.

Other staff/services were average, and probably worth the considerably discounted rate I paid, but certainly not anything close to the rack-rate listed.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper I suggest requesting a room *away* from ice machines, which were among...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bsmull
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked this room over a month before our stay, but when we arrived that day they gave us "the last available king bed" which was a handicap room. Usually this is not a huge deal but there is no counter space--- as a woman this is so frustrating. I did not understand why they would give the room we requested a month out up and only save the handicap one for us. I will keep this in mind when considering this hotel in the future.

Besides that, we did enjoy our stay- the hotel is located about a mile from downtown walla walla so a good place to stay if in town. The room itself was nice, the bed was comfortable and had a fridge, microwave, flatscreen TV, etc. Downstairs they have a small bar open between 5-9:30 in the evening which was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingTexans007
Claresholm, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We just stayed one night in the Comfort Inn and were impressed by the rooms. High ceilings and well kept. The breakfast room had the best selection of food that we have seen in a long time. Hats off to the manager and staff.

Room Tip: A great spot to stop. We were surprised and impressed by the nice rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Our group of five came in the night of the big storm and found the Comfort Inn a welcome respite from near tornado winds and rain that had shut down half the City. The Manager and her staff were very helpful and courteous. The hotel was clean with little touches that put them above all of the other hotels we'd stayed at in our previous five nights of travel across Washington State and parts of Idaho and British Columbia.
Looking forward to a return!

Tom
Seattle

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tom g
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Walla Walla puts on a Great Car show every year called Wheelin Walla Walla. I called to make a group reservation for 12 rooms. From the first phone call to when we checked out today. This Hotel was amazing. Kim the General Manager was fabulous. She made sure that we all were together as much as she possibly could, she followed through. When we arrived Alex checked us all in he was professional, friendly and great. We had some car issues and all of the guys had to fix one of our cars, they took the parking lot over with tools, cars etc. Kristi was great, she let the ladies use the banquet room to play cards, while the car was being fixed. This Hotel was clean, nice and extremely accommodating. The Continental breakfast was great also. Housekeeping was very accommodating to all of our needs also..Thank you Kim and team.. We will be back next year!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends