“Put Some Love In That Food”

Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A fantastic restaurant that is easily missed unless you do your homework. Be sure and get reservations early because you may not get in. Great wine list. But, since you are in awesome wine country bring your own bottle. A good selection of entrees. I had fresh black bass that was delicious. A great experience and good staff.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had been told by several different people that Saffron was a wonderful spot and they were so right! This is a small, informal restaurant and the food is specatular. Make sure to call ahead for reesevations as it fills up quickly during the tourist season. Our waiter was very helpful with the menu and pointed out some very special items. We shared the octopus appetizer and it was such a unique blend of textures and flavors. Give it a try! He recommended the lamb and it was very good. My wife had the black cod and she really enjoyed how tender and flavorful it was. Our guest had the hanger steak and I had to beg for a taste. We finished the meal by sharing their chocolate terrine that was just perfect. We liked it so much that we tried to come back again but couldn't get reservations. Definitely on our next trip.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Plus I just love the feel of saffron. the service was top notch too. $ of us shared the suggested starter of asparagus and it was sublime. Then I had the lamb tangine and my partner had hangar steak. Both just person, wonderfully spiced. The small list of entree included chicken which our companion tried. We all loved it, plus the comfortable atmosphere and lovely wine list, featuring reasonably priced Walla Walla wines. A great meal and I can't wait to return.I love the infomral atmosphere. so not stuffy.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We just completed a nice weekend in Walla Walla, and enjoyed Saffron so much we went 3 times in 2 days. Each visit were we're greeted with welcome and had 3 different servers. Each were very professional. I enjoyed speaking to our server of which wine to order with our selections. The highlight may have also been the most simple. The asparagus special was a delight and I considered ordering for desert, however the portion size was to large. The flavours on all the dishes were a treat for the senses. Be sure to get a reservation, as they fill up fast. Thanks and see you in July. Cheers

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

For myself, and everyone who we have sent here, this is a top notch experience. I have dined here a dozen times and have never had a disappointing meal. Anyone rating this one star would be suspect in my opinion. Best dining in W2. I am not a fan of foo foo and the presentations and flavors are stunning. Have no fear!