“Wonderfull staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Applegate Or, United States
“Wonderfull staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I spend 120 nights a year in hotels for work. this was agreat bang for the buck .Great peaple .Made my bussiness trip much more enjoyable. this review is a pain because they keep telling me I need more charaacters

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMBW, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Walla Walla Suites Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Walla Walla.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Yreka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

From beginning to end this hotel was wonderful. I would definitely suggest it to anyone. They put cones up in the parking lot so our motorcycles would be protected. There were delicious cookies every night and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is my first time to Walla Walla, and I was very disappointed. It must be suffering from the bad economy. I would be very depressed if I had to live here. The hotel was just fine, with a very good breakfast. I really liked the cheese omelets. Nice touch. We found an Italian restaurant next door that was surprisingly quite good, with one of the dinning rooms being a railroad dinning car.

Room Tip: They have an elevator, so get a room on any floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The staff and hotel are just great. I live in town here and the family and I come here just to get away for a night or two to enjoy the pool and the freshly baked cookies every evening. The staff are sp helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast is great. A home away from home. So yes all you travelers with families. This is a great place worth the value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JJMC111
Missoula, MT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Lots of good things to say about this Best Western (location, safety, and adequate parking), but my abiding memory will be of disinfectant odors. It was immediately noticeable upon walking into the lobby. I then had to open the window of my room to let the overwhelmingly claustrophobic odor escape. And, lastly I enjoyed the distinct smell of bleach while eating breakfast. I don't have a overly sensitive nose.

Speaking of the window in my room, it was quite difficult to open. And all evening long I got to enjoy the sounds of people partying outside my window. This is a bit unavoidable, as the parking lot opens onto a late-night establishment and there were folks coming and going quite until quite late at night.

The room itself was large, plain, and in pretty good shape (only a few marks and scratches on the walls). The internet was reasonably good, but not overly fast. The TV remote was easily cleanable. The small refrigerator was quiet.

The breakfast buffet is quite extensive. In addition to juice, coffee, pastries, cereal, and toast, there is canned fruit, yoghurt, microwaved egg product, ham/bacon, and a waffle maker. There are clearly not enough tables for the number of guests staying in the hotel, but there wasn't a very long wait.

The bathroom is small, there was a touch of black mold, the bath/shower quite narrow, and the toiletries are bulk dispensers of dubious quality product.

Since it was a busy weekend in Walla Walla, the housekeeping were a tad lackadaisical. My towels weren't replaced, the toilet was cleaned and there were puddles left in the bathroom.

Lastly, as others have noted, dogs are particularly welcome at this hotel. Since the doors and walls are relatively thin, the occasional bark is going to be heard. If this disturbs you, then ask for a room away from the dogs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western in Walla Walla for the Celebrate Walla Walla Festival this past weekend June 21-23rd. Most of the hotels in the area were sold out, since this is a big festival bringing in lots of out of towners (including us), and we were lucky enough to snag a room here early enough. Compared to the other comparable price point hotels this place is a steal, and also compared to the higher end hotels, I still think we got more than our money’s worth. The place is very clean, albeit outdated, and the amenities are good. There is a complimentary breakfast included that is much more than a normal buffet of cold, stale pastries, they include fresh fruit, made to order waffles, hot items like sausage, bacon, eggs (of several varieties) and hash browns, as well as cereal, muffins/pastries and juice and coffee. The waffles were actually very good. My only complaint there is that the breakfast area is small and somewhat crowded so it can be a pain to maneuver around. Although I did not utilize it during our stay, they have a nice indoor pool area and workout facility. It is right in town so well within walking distance to all the great restaurants and storefront, which is great so you can avoid driving after a long day of wine tasting! There are also multiple wine bars/tasting rooms within a couple blocks for easy access. In the way of aesthetics, the hotel is lacking a bit, the bathroom is aged and the rooms are outdated, but again, for $100 a night, it is hard to beat the price, the location and the amenities. The beds were mostly comfortable and we got decent sleep to be sure. Each room is equipped with a fridge and microwave, which I think is great. They also have seating/couch areas and flat screen TVs. The rooms are not soundproof, we could hear the kid next door crying at times, but it wasn’t overly bothersome and we could only hear it in certain areas, so for the most part very quiet. Despite booking early and requesting specific rooms (i.e. quiet rooms away from the elevator, and King beds) we were given a room next to the elevator for one of our parties, and one room with two queen beds. Nothing too terrible but not preferable, especially since we not only made the request via the online booking site, as well as called it in and requested to a specific person who said they would note it and do their best. We will definitely be back to stay here, and would highly recommend it for the budget traveler who still wants comfort and amenities not skipped out on. I wish there were in-between ratings because I would totally say this is above average (3+ star!), but can’t quite justify the 4 star rating. All in all a solid stay!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room far from the elevator (especially since there is a room DIRECTLY next to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Blaine, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Within about four or five blocks of town and a few wine tasting shops, this Best Western had the location we were looking for during our one-night stop in Walla Walla. It provides two things we consider to be non-negotiable: cleanliness and comfort. By this time we were approaching the final leg of a long road trip and feel we got great value for our money. The desk staff was very polite and helpful with directions and suggestions. Breakfast is standard hotel-continental, but good. Do we recommend the Best Western Plus Walla Walla Suites Inn? Yes.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple