“Skip it!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Skip it!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

I'm staying here for work and have been here almost a week. I do not recommend this place for anyone, but especially not for business travelers.

Want to go relax in the hot tub? Forget about it! I went down one evening after a rough day at work only to find five kids under age 6-ish all running around screaming at the top of their lungs...no parents. I agree this is not the hotels fault directly, but they are definitely at fault for not monitoring it more closely, especially since its against the law and dangerous for kids that young to be swimming without a guardian.

It could be argued that some people may appreciate this, but even though I had my "do not disturb" sign outside, housekeeping called several times wondering if I truly didn't want to be disturbed. When I confirmed that I did NOT want new linens, they told me that they change all linens every three days, so they would be changing the linens anyway.

My refrigerator froze all of my food (rock hard) even though I turned the temperature gauge to the warmest possible. I reported it to the front desk and the clerk suggested that I just keep the fridge door open (???!!!). He said he would report it to maintenance, but its now been two days and they still haven't done anything about it.

The internet is wireless and is the slowest I have ever experienced at a hotel that claims it is broadband. I even did a speed test (speedtest dot net) and its slower than the connection on my cell phone!! (And my signal strength is excellent). I"m assuming they have only one broadband connection on a wireless router with bandwidth for all three floors of rooms.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Everything that I described in my description
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank simpleutahboi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
evilpenguin81
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

The hotel is a Best Western and its quality is about what you would expect for a Best Western. Its nothing fancy but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the rates were reasonable which was exactly what I was looking for.

Now, the added benefit for the Best Western (and also La Quinta) is their location is spectacular, especially when compared to the current (July '08) top two hotels on Trip Adviser. At the Best Western you're basically walking distance from food and shops where as at the Holiday/Comfort Inn's you're a good mile or two away from downtown.

Highly recommended for a stay in Walla Walla.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evilpenguin81
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

Great breakfast options and friendly staff. Rooms were dated but clean, definitely could use an update. For the few hours we spent awake in the rooms they were comfortable and roomy. Our room had a couch, TV, mini-fridge (with free water bottles) and microwave, plus a decent bed and good sized bathroom area.
The indoor pool/spa looks well maintained but we didn't use it. Hotel is 3-4 blocks from downtown and we walked to breakfast both days were where there and walked the farmers market and to do some window shopping. Plenty of tasting rooms on the short walk to the downtown area.
Enjoyable stay and a great value compared to some of the other Walla Walla options.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank jd_northwest
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

We came here for a college reunion and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this Best Western. The rooms were large, the continental breakfast was above average, and the location was great. We could easily walk to nearby stores, the down town area, and the college. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Room size, location
  • Disliked — n.a.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank janb9
Puget Sound, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2008

We stayed here when we came for our daughter's wedding. We were happy with the quality and cleanliness of the room and the attentiveness of the staff.

The first room they gave us had a pretty bad odor to it (couldn't tell what it was) and we asked to be moved to another room. The desk clerk gave us our choice of two other rooms, and we found one that was fine. There wasn't a lot of hallway noise and we had a very pleasant stay.

We didn't use the pool, so I can't say how that was. And to be perfectly honest, we don't remember anything about the breakfast buffet. (Sorry!)

We did eat across the street at the Mexican restaurant, and we'd recommend that to anyone who likes Mexican food. We also ate at 26 Brix and the food was marvelous!

• Liked — Clean, friendly and safe.
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2007

We had a great stay! Staff were courteous and efficient. The continental breakfast was above average. Plenty of free newspapers. Great location-had fun walking into downtown. Child-friendly.

• Liked — Internet Access in the lobby
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank jreilly4261
Danville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2007

I had to wait several minutes to check in while the hotel front desk person was chatting with her friends. My hands were full of baggage, so it was obvious what I wanted to do. As soon as she had the time to talk tom me, the phone rang and I waited until she was done. That took 25 minutes total. After driving 5 hrs. to get there, I just wanted to crash in a room. The room I got smelled like men's cologne. Fortunately the sheets looked and smelled clean, but I had to air out the room. Breakfast was mediocre at best. I stayed 3 nights and ate there once. Fortunately the place is near plenty of other food.

As a female traveler, this was one hotel I didn't feel comfortable staying in because of the clientèle. I will never stay there again, and have told my co-workers to follow my lead.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — safety
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business