“GREAT STAY!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Washington State
“GREAT STAY!!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This hotel has an awesome location! Rooms are VERY big and VERY spacious. The rooms are updated and very clean, also. The pool is good size and relaxing. Breakfast is pretty good. Staff was very nice! Stay Here!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank happyjtravels17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We had to move to this hotel after two nights at the Hampton Inn and it was a huge let down. The hotel is older and the decor has never been updated. The furnishings are low quality and in poor conditions, the lobby is dark and dreary. There is no closet in the room, only a hanging bar in the corner.
The entrance does not have an automatic door, this may not seem like a big deal unless you are trying to roll in two large suitcases. There is one small elevator on the property. The property does not offer any dry cleaning drop off services nor does it have wireless internet available.
The property is pet friendly which is nice for pet owners but not so nice for those guests that have pet allergies and there are no "pet free" rooms.
Overall, there are not any features of this property (aside from being near the downtown) that make it worth staying here.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
GMBW, Manager at Best Western Plus Walla Walla Suites Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2009
We are 14 years old and do not have automatic doors. The carpeting was replaced through out the hotel in April 2007. At that time the lobby furniture was also changed. The rooms have had several remodels over the years. Our decor is not modern but we hope it reflects the feel of Walla Walla as a historic place to visit.
Since we opened in 1995 we have had an agreement with a local dry cleaners. If items are dropped off at the front desk by 8am they will be returned the same day by 4pm.
As to the wireless we have had some issues with reception in a few rooms on the second floor. We are working with our internet provider to address this problem. We hope to have it resolved soon.
Seattle
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My fiance and I wanted to get away to Walla Walla for the weekend and wanted a nice hotel but did not want to spend an arm and a leg so we could rather spend on nice dinners, wine, etc. We chose the Best Western and we were both very impressed! We had a suite with a queen bed for only $99 a night! The room was extremely spacious and it had everything we could possibly need! The hotel was very clean and organized. The location was fantastic! We walked downtown in just minutes, it's close to restaurants, parks, Safeway grocery store, and more. The staff was extremely friendly and provided excellent customer service. One member of staff, Don, even made delicious fresh baked cookies for the lobby each day! The hotel also has a pool and hot tub available which we utilized one evening and it was a relaxing way to end the day! There is also a mini workout room with nice equipment right outside the pool. The continental breakfast was also great! When we visit Walla Walla again we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Koikola
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Stayed here on a Girlfriends Get-a-way trip and had excellent accomodations. The room was large and very nice. Shower was hot, bathroom was clean. Breakfast was as good as Best Western gets, so can't complain.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 October 2008

My husband and I decided to spend the night in Walla Walla on our return home from Boise to Seattle. Since we are members of Best Western decided to stay there - mostly because of the convenient location to the highway. The hotel is very close to some great restaurants and those that aren't next door are within walking distance. The staff at the BW were courtious and friendly and most helpful. Our room was clean and neat, and even came with complimentary popcorn and bottled water. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! They had everything a regular restaurant buffet would have. We were very impressed.
The only downside was the noise from the highway, and had we been on a differnt side of the hotel probably wouldn't have noticed it much.

• Liked — Proximity to main highway and FREE popcorn.
  • Disliked — Airconditioning
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I'm staying here for work and have been here almost a week. I do not recommend this place for anyone, but especially not for business travelers.

Want to go relax in the hot tub? Forget about it! I went down one evening after a rough day at work only to find five kids under age 6-ish all running around screaming at the top of their lungs...no parents. I agree this is not the hotels fault directly, but they are definitely at fault for not monitoring it more closely, especially since its against the law and dangerous for kids that young to be swimming without a guardian.

It could be argued that some people may appreciate this, but even though I had my "do not disturb" sign outside, housekeeping called several times wondering if I truly didn't want to be disturbed. When I confirmed that I did NOT want new linens, they told me that they change all linens every three days, so they would be changing the linens anyway.

My refrigerator froze all of my food (rock hard) even though I turned the temperature gauge to the warmest possible. I reported it to the front desk and the clerk suggested that I just keep the fridge door open (???!!!). He said he would report it to maintenance, but its now been two days and they still haven't done anything about it.

The internet is wireless and is the slowest I have ever experienced at a hotel that claims it is broadband. I even did a speed test (speedtest dot net) and its slower than the connection on my cell phone!! (And my signal strength is excellent). I"m assuming they have only one broadband connection on a wireless router with bandwidth for all three floors of rooms.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Everything that I described in my description
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank simpleutahboi
evilpenguin81
Reviewed 22 July 2008

The hotel is a Best Western and its quality is about what you would expect for a Best Western. Its nothing fancy but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the rates were reasonable which was exactly what I was looking for.

Now, the added benefit for the Best Western (and also La Quinta) is their location is spectacular, especially when compared to the current (July '08) top two hotels on Trip Adviser. At the Best Western you're basically walking distance from food and shops where as at the Holiday/Comfort Inn's you're a good mile or two away from downtown.

Highly recommended for a stay in Walla Walla.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple