“Lovely, comfortable, and comforting”
Review of Green Gables Inn

Green Gables Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Walla Walla B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was seeing my daughter off to school at Whitman, and returning here each evening was a true pleasure and comfort. Alexis was very accommodating, and the food was excellent. I liked being able to pop downstairs for a chocolate and a glass of wine, or just a wine glass so I could enjoy the wine I bought in its proper glass. Students do travel up the street, but I honestly never heard a peep. As a new Whitman mom, I was happy to see them. Neighborhood is lovely. And the cats are fabulous. I am not a cat person, but I loved these two (outside) cats who often came to greet me when I came home. The bed was incredible. So comfortable. It was like staying in your own lovely home, but with every extra. Wonderful! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed in the 'Willowmere' room for 2 nights, a very comfortable room. The property is located just off the Whitmann College camput, in a residential neighbourhood. Yes there is student housing very nearby, but it did not disturb us, at least not on Labor Day weekend. Very comfy bed. Beautifull breakfast. Alexis is a wonderful host, available ( and knowledgable) when you need her, but only discreetly present otherwise. An excellent B&B indeed.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My good friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Green Gables Inn. Our host Alexis was so kind and when I called to let her know we would be late arriving she immediately called back and reassured us it was fine.

The food was wonderful, and our room was very clean and stayed quite cool despite the hot mugginess outside. The house itself has been going through a phased restoration/renovation, and it's just beautiful - both the original areas and their kitchen. They offer complimentary water, snacks, coffee, even wine! I really can't say enough great things about this place! I know there are a number of lovely places to stay in Walla Walla but next time I go there is not question I'll be staying here.

It is right across from the campus, "North Hall", and students were just starting to return for the school year. Not terribly noisy at all but just something to note. The walk to the main part of town (we always drove, because we were being lazy!) would be about 10-15 minutes.

They also have two adorable outdoor cats named Stan and Barnaby. Pretty adorable. We lucked out having some great company to visit with at breakfast too. All in all a great weekend!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked great, I believe we stayed in the Windermere room, and it was perfect for two a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We enjoyed 2 nights at this B&B. Beautiful spot. Comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. B&B is within walking distance of downtown but in a quiet residential neighborhood. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

From the moment we pulled up to the beautiful Green Gables Inn we knew we were in for a wonderful stay. Alexis was so gracious and accommodating and our room was beautiful and romantic. The breakfast was incredibly delicious! We will be back!! <2

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

What a true B&B experience. Everything from the reception and public areas, to the rooms and the grounds, all was impeccably well kept and clean. We stayed in the large and beautiful Idlewild suite, with other family members in the Mayflowers & Carriage House. Alexis was so welcoming, and even though we had a slight mix up in our reservations, she went above and beyond to accommodate us and see that everything was to our satisfaction. Breakfast was so good! Bed very comfortable. Really enjoyed looking around at all the books, photos and collectibles in the house. We would and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were in Walla Walla for a few days of wine touring at the end of a five-week vacation in the West. Alexis could not have been more accommodating. Wine and snacks were offered at the end of the day and the wonderful wrap-around front porch was a great place to enjoy it. Alexis gave us recommendations for wine-tasting venues including one which she said would be a lot of fun and was she right!! She also gave dinner recommendations which were highly accurate. Our room was immaculate and the bed linens were just beautiful. We stayed in Dryad's Bubble (all the room names come from "Anne of Green Gables") Being an animal lover, we also enjoyed Stan (the calico) and Barnaby (the polydactyl tabby). We caught a brief glimpse of the blue tick hound but didn't actually get to pet him. I'd highly recommend Green Gables if you are in the Walla Walla area. And, by the way, Walla Walla is a great little town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walla Walla
Courtyard Walla Walla
#5 of 15 in Walla Walla
Best Western Plus Walla Walla Suites Inn
Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla

Been to Green Gables Inn? Share your experiences!