“Lovely stay in Walla Walla”
Review of Green Gables Inn

Green Gables Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Walla Walla B&B and Inns
Medina, Washington, United States
“Lovely stay in Walla Walla”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was in Walla Walla to attend a meeting about early learning and to visit schools in the 9th Legislative District. Staying at the Green Gables was vastly nicer than a hotel. I was able to loll around in the living room reading after my meeting was over - I wasn't stuck in a small, sterile hotel room. The breakfast was fabulous, perhaps too much so. I had to ask them to simplify it a little so I didn't get stuck and not make it out the door afterwards. They graciously made all the changes I asked for.

I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Every year, my girlfriend and I head to Walla Walla for Fall Release Weekend. We splurged this year with a stay at Green Gables Inn. It was a delightful venue. Alexis, our host, has maintained the character of this lovely home. It was very clean and spacious. Our room was very comfortable and they provided us with a menu in the afternoon for our breakfast choices for the following morning. There was plenty of food and fresh fruit, juices, and coffee/tea.

A small, quaint B&B, Green Gables is located close to the campus and within walking distance to downtown. And, after drinking wine all day, it was perfect for coming home to and taking a quick, quiet nap before heading out to dinner.

The main breakfast courses are quite large and I could have easily gotten by with 1/2 portion sizes. I'm not sure if they decided to take this suggestion into consideration, but I hated the idea of wasting food. They were also very accommodating in preparing a simple scramble egg and toast for me the second morning.

Lovely setting, lovely home, lovely owners, lovely cook ... it was perfect!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a wonderful time staying at the Green Gables; the Dyrad's bubble was quite a charming room; the inn keeper was very pleasant and the breakfast in the morning was exquisite! Would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: Get Dyad's Bubble; big room on your own side of the hallway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy Y
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I took my wife here for our tenth anniversary and it met all of our expectations. Stayed in idlewild which is huge and comfortable. Paid for breakfast in the room and loved the variety of eggs Benedict on the menu. Across the street from Whitman college, with tree lined streets, it was romantic and old fashioned. When we finally left the room, restaurants and wine tasting rooms were only 5 min. away.

• Stayed September 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Followed the recommendation of a friend and booked here for our Walla Walla wine weekend. What great advice and what a charming place, just two blocks from the Whitman College campus and no more than 30 minutes by car from literally dozens of great vineyards and tasting rooms. (we focused our stops at wineries with vintages ranked at 88+ by Wine Spectator.)
Green Gables is a gorgeous historic home in Walla Walla, with air-conditioned rooms ranging from lovely and comfortable to luxurious. The expansive living room was cool and inviting, and the enormous deck the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed glass of wine (complimentary). Alexis was instantly accommodating. And the breakfast delicious--Greek Benedict and chocolate chip scones were my favorite.
We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We loved our Willowmere room. It was delightful for us--quiet, comfortable. But Alexis told us it wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara C
Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Five stars is not enough to truly express how amazing Green Gables Inn is! My husband and I stayed here for two nights in the Idlewild room. This room is beautiful! You can tell that a lot went into all of the little details. It also has a jacuzzi bathtub, huge shower head, walk-in closet and private balcony. Alexis was so sweet and helpful! You can tell that she really enjoys what she does and is eager to help with anything you need. The Inn is also within walking distance of downtown and many of the wineries. But, the best part is the food! Breakfast was nothing short of spectacular! Normally I wouldn't eat so much, but I couldn't stop because it was so good!! We also had the pleasure of having dinner at the Inn. Again, spectacular! The chef is superb! I actually asked her for the recipes. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I know that I will go back!

Room Tip: The Idlewild room is the largest, but I did get to see all of rooms as we were staying there with fo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was seeing my daughter off to school at Whitman, and returning here each evening was a true pleasure and comfort. Alexis was very accommodating, and the food was excellent. I liked being able to pop downstairs for a chocolate and a glass of wine, or just a wine glass so I could enjoy the wine I bought in its proper glass. Students do travel up the street, but I honestly never heard a peep. As a new Whitman mom, I was happy to see them. Neighborhood is lovely. And the cats are fabulous. I am not a cat person, but I loved these two (outside) cats who often came to greet me when I came home. The bed was incredible. So comfortable. It was like staying in your own lovely home, but with every extra. Wonderful! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo