This hotel, while not brand new, was clean and located in a decent area with shopping and dining options close by. The beds were decent and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was typical of Hampton Inn, with some hot items and other breakfast fare, although the seating area was somewhat small and crowded. Bottled water was free at the front desk.
However... this hotel is "pet friendly." We typically try to avoid pet friendly properties, although we've stayed at some in the past without issue. We stayed at this one without thinking about its pet policy, due to the strong recommendation of a well-respected local business. On our second (and last) evening at this hotel, we were subjected to a barking dog in a nearby room from about 6:30p-10:30p. The lone staff member at the front desk apparently made multiple trips to our floor in an attempt to identify the room, but was unable to do so. Interestingly, I was able to identify the room almost immediately by following the sound of the barking dog as I walked down the hall, and I reported it to the front desk multiple times. I was repeatedly told that the front desk staff would attempt to reach the owner, but that they could not do anything about the dog until the owner returned. Coincidentally I'm sure, after my first couple of reports of the barking dog, dialing "0" on the phone in my room resulted in a busy signal, so I had to physically visit the front desk in order to report that the dog continued to bark. The barking ceased at some point between 10:30p-11:00p when, presumably, the owner returned to take the dog outside for a bathroom break. We knew about that, too, because the dog barked all the way down the hall on the way out (as it passed our room), and all the way down the hall on the way back in several minutes later.
If hotels are going to be pet friendly, they need to have a way to address the issues that go along with accepting pets, so that other guests are not inconvenienced. Even if I had brought a pet of my own, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to listen to someone else's barking dog late into the night, and I wouldn't have dumped my own dog off in the room and disappeared for hours on end. The front desk staff did offer to move our room (because, I guess, they considered us to be the problem), but not until around 10:00pm, when my kids were already in bed. When I again mentioned my dissatisfaction to to the front desk staff the next morning, the staff person appeared rather indifferent. No significant concession nor effort was made to resolve my reasonable dissatisfaction, and so far, a phone call to the general manager (Lillian) has not been returned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest Hilton Family Hotel, the Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Kentucky is convenient to area attractions in Newport and a short drive to downtown Cincinnati, OH - home of the Cincinnati Reds pro-baseball, Cincinnati Bengals pro-football and Cincinnati Cyclones hockey! 1 Block to Newport on the Levee - Newport's Entertainment District that includes a river walk and home of the Newport Aquarium!! This hotel prides itself on delivering the best in Guest Satisfaction to make every day of your stay memorable. Feel free to ask the front desk for dining options, family friendly activities in the area and if you've forgotten something? we have that too. Come stay and enjoy the Best in Hamptonality!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate Ohio