“For the price…great deal”

TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
charlotte
“For the price…great deal”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's inexpensive and above average. Compared to the Springhill next door this place is The Ritz. The staff is friendly and the rooms are large. There's a small kitchen in each room and feels more like a studio apartment than a hotel room.

For the price versus value, it would be hard to beat it. Although it's close to the interstate you can't hear the road noise (at least from the main building).

The only two things that are not ideal are: 1. Breakfast really isn't breakfast…go to Cracker Barrel 1/2 mile away. 2. If weather is bad, it sucks to walk to different buildings. Keep that in mind if you get there late and there's no parking.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I used Marriott rewards points to stay here last Friday night. We went to Halloween Haunt at Kings Island (which is totally incredible), and this hotel is 3.4 miles from Kings Island.

The hotel is kind of hard to find, but worth looking for. The Mason-Montgomery exit off of I-71 is totally crowded and backed up a lot. When looking for the hotel remember when you enter a round-about look for the hotel sign on the left.

The girl that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. We asked for a king bed, and were surprised when she told us they only had queen beds. When we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite! The place was large and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable.

The free breakfast the next morning was adequate. A hot selection or microwavable sandwich would be nice.

Saturday morning when we got home, I realized I left my cellphone charger and cord in the room. I called the hotel, and the nice young man that answered said he would check the room immediately. He called me back quickly, and said he would mail it to my house immediately. I received it in the mail Monday, and they did not charge me a thing! How nice is that?

The bottom line for me is nice place, very nice people, and we will be back!

Room Tip: i like rooms on the top floor.........no kids bouncing over my head!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband, 2 kids and I stayed here this weekend. The room was a good size - with an equipped kitchen. Unfortunately they didn't have any rooms available with 2 beds so we had to have a queen bed and a pull out sofa. The pull out was pretty uncomfortable and there wasn't enough bedding in the room to make the bed. But they did bring more blankets and pillows pretty quickly. The breakfast was sufficient, nothing special.

I hope it doesn't rain during your stay, there is a drip outside the window (at least outside of our window) that kept me up all night.....all night long.

The hotel is located right in an area with lots of restaurants, sit down and fast food as well as many stores, Target, Costco, etc. Very easy access to the highways.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a comfortable place to stay on business. Free breakfast, free wifi, nice size/comfortable room.

Stayed there for a few weeks, would go back if business called for it. Has a pool but I didn't have time to use it. Has a laundry (coin operated), coffee all the time, reasonable selection of cable channels.

Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This property is tucked away in an office park behind the King's Auto Mall. It is twinned with a Springhill Suites by Marriott next door. Without a GPS, it may be difficult to locate, but it was definitely worth our effort. All of the staff we interacted with were well trained, professional and "on their game," from Lisa and Randi on the phone to Beth at check in and Jason at check out. If you are unfamiliar with TownePlace Suites, it is a hotel designed for longer stays with a full kitchen in each suite. They like one night stayovers as well if they have space available. The place was well maintained and we received a letter stating that they were in the process of renovations and would soon be repaving the parking lot. Beth, when checking us in, apologized that she could not give us a requested suite on a higher floor. All the decor is bright and cheery. Exterior doors are all protected by key card locks for guest security. There is an outdoor pool which was closed for the year. The surprise was that they now have a dedicated breakfast room and an expanded breakfast. The last TownePlace I stayed at a few years ago had a very limited grab and go breakfast and you had to eat it in your room or in your car. Because of the kitchenettes in the suites, they did not offer any hot items but had a nice selection of fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries and such. The entire property is no smoking. Our only problem was that the one TV channel my wife and I wanted to watch a game on cut in and out every 10 seconds and became pixilated. No other channel had that problem so it might have been an issue with the network or satellite. I'm a hard reviewer so I'm going to give them a 4.75 out of 5 because of the TV problem. Otherwise it was perfect.

Room Tip: In inclement weather, ask for a room in the main building where the office and breakfast room are lo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Flower Mound, TX
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Was not inpressed. I am a rewards member and found this one to be below standards. AC was noisy and thermostat would cut off if you touched it. Breakfast area was very small with extremely limited selection. I really did not like the multiple door access system. Seems that after entering the lobby you must use the door card to get into hotel and the again to get into room.

• Stayed September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My son and I recently did a weekend trip to Kings Island, and we were pleasantly surprised how nice the TownPlace suites was. Check-in was very friendly - the clerk actually walked us to our room - and our studio suite included a kitchen with stainless steel appliances (oven, microwave, refrigerator), granite counter tops, nice tiled flooring that looked like hardwood, and Paul Mitchell hair products. Breakfast was a bit sparse - cereal, bagels, muffins, milk, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs - but it was well attended and fine for us, as we were on the go and ready to hit the park. Only draw-back was our in-room air conditioner mounted in the wall was a bit noisy, but overall, great place and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason
Comfort Inn Northeast
Comfort Inn Northeast
#21 of 51 in Cincinnati
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason
Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast

Been to TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason? Share your experiences!