“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Batavia, Ohio
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

The check-in process was quick and the clerk was very friendly. She promptly issued our hotel keys and showed us to the area where morning continental breakfast would be served in the morning.

We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the two bedroom suite. The suite had nice, clean kitchenette with microwave, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and most importantly, a coffee maker.

The dining area provided a good sized rectangular table with three chair. One side of the table sat against the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom.

The living area had sofa, chair, and flat screen television.

The two bedrooms were nice. Both had queen sized beds and flat screen televisions. Ample drawer space.

Bathroom was nice. The door in the bathroom separated the shower/toiler area from the vanity area. Made it nice for someone to shower while another was using the vanity.

The rooms were very clean. The Housekeeping staff was excellent.

We checked out the continental breakfast one morning. Not much offered. Packaged muffins, bagels, cream cheese, milk, coffee, packaged oatmeal, cereal.

The hotel does have an outside pool. During our time there, the pool was undergoing repair and maintenance. Too cold to swim outdoors anyway.

One night, the fire alarms sounded and we had to evacuate the building. The alarms were very loud and ear piercing. Definitely got our attention at midnight. Fire department arrived and confirmed it was a false alarm. Made for an interesting night.

The location is in a nice location located off the main street where you can find plenty of shopping and tons of restaurants to choose from. Conveniently located one exit away from Kings Island Amusement Park.

Overall, a nice place to stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is separated into two buildings, which was interesting. The two bedroom suite was very spacious. Breakfast was continental, but there was no waffle iron as in many other hotels that offer continental breakfasts, but this wasn't a huge deal for us. We needed to check out at 1pm instead of 12, and the front desk allowed us to do so with no charge. The suite layot with fridge, sink, and sofa, was very nice.

The only issue we had (hence the 4 star rating) was that the air conditioner in the room kept turning on all night, even though we wanted it to stay off. First we turned the thermostat off, but that didn't work. Then we tried setting it to fan, but it kept blowing ice cold air. I ended up having somewhat of a cold due to this...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great. I do not know why it has so many negative reviews. My only negative was that there was a blue stain of what appeared to be listerine or tooth paste on my blanket. Aside from that I got the 3rd floor corner room that had 2 separate rooms. 3 tvs and the Internet was fast enough to work and stream videos. The shower had good pressure. Overall the room felt clean. The beds were soft and the pillows were decent. Tons of storage space and had a legit kitchen with a stove, microwave and even silverware. Despite the fact my wall mate had what sounded like their whole family and a screaming child around 11 PM, once I closed my door to my room these sounds were gone. The check in process was quick and easy and the overall experience was great. If I ever go to kings island with friends or something I will stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Londrina, PR
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The place has an affordable price for a long stay hotel; the price goes down as long you stay there. Try to book early since it's pretty crowded at any point of time. Be sure to get a car (there's tons of RAC in the nearby area) to get to Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Suítes no canto são maiores.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just checked into this property. The room is filthy. There was a large pot of what I assume was grease on the kitchen counter. Crumbs all over the kitchen counter. Dishes with food drippings in the microwave. No toilet paper in the bathroom. I encountered the same issue on my last visit but it was rectified by management. I don't know what possessed me to stay here again. But I would urge you to choose another place to stay. Apparently this is not a fluke it's always like this. I'm out of here Monday

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank howard s
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We got there about eight hours after a snowstorm. It was still slushy and muddy outside so management didn't seem to have cleaned up after.

Reception area was small but the check in lady was friendly. Heater could not maintain a comfortable temperature - no lotion in the bathroom. Liked the kitchen and the stove. Coffee was pretty good.

Overall, clean and doable for a few nights. Don't pay over a $100 though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ongo51720
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 26 January 2014

First of all, let me preface this y saying I was disappointed before I ever got here. I looked online for a place to bring my family while working on my relocation. I checked this place and the price was just over $100. I went back less than 6 hours later to make the reservation and the price had jumped to $159 per night. I hate that rate fixing. Multiple prices for the same room.
Now to the actual stay:
The room was decent enough. We could not keep the rooms warm. I had all 3 thermostats set at 80 just so we didn't have to walk around with sweaters on. The heat was running almost constantly. When it turned on, it blew a blast of arctic air right across the bed before it started to get warm. It was so cold in the room there was ice INSIDE the window on the window sill, about 3/4" thick.
The walls are like paper. Our "neighbors" started making noise around 930pm and didn't stop till around 2 and you could almost hear every single word said. Every single night we had to call to the front desk and ask them to do something.
While unpacking into the room we found a drawer in one bedroom still full of clothes, then my wife drops something and reaches onto the floor only to pick up someone else's old sock (disgusting).
The housekeeping left us the paper towel with a single piece of towel on it. I was so disgusted by this lack of attention to detail, I went and bought my own. The bathroom was not very clean and when it stopped up, they came and almost destroyed the toilet.
The beds are marshmallows with the hotel obsession for tiny pillows.
Apart from that it was OK

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheSlaterFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason
Comfort Inn Northeast
Comfort Inn Northeast
#21 of 51 in Cincinnati
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason
Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast

Been to TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason? Share your experiences!