“Decent place to stay.”

Comfort Inn Northeast
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My family and I recently spent two nights at the Comfort Inn Northeast. We were spending the days in King’s Island and this was nearby and affordable. The hotel is older and dated but they have spruced up the lobby area. The clerks at check-in and check-out were all friendly. There is ample parking and nearby restaurants including many within walking distance. The beds were comfortable and for the most part clean. My comforter did have cigarette burn holes in it even though I was in a non-smoking room. There were plenty of pillows, good water pressure in the shower and the air-conditioning kept it nice and cool. Good wifi. They feature a nice breakfast buffet with grill your own waffles, sausages, muffins, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, cereals and pastries. It would have been nice if it stayed open past 9. They really didn’t have any community space where our family could gather and play cards – no large tables in the rooms. It was a decent hotel. Nothing special, but we had no problems.

1  Thank rickleed

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Very clean hotel close to King's Island. Nice hot breakfast in the morning to fuel us up for the amusement park. The staff was friendly and courteous. Handy wi-fi access. Close to many restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Well, I think they're trying. It's obvious that this is an older hotel building. They've done a great job renovating the lobby. The rooms are old and the carpets are pretty disgusting. My boys' feet were almost black on the bottoms after running around on the them for a few hours. Our bathroom was not entirely clean. Also, whenever we checked in, no one had bothered to turn on the AC before we came, so it was stuffy, stinky, and sweltering. The pillows were literally square, glorified pot-holders. The good things aside from the lobby were our very large room. They do serve a breakfast, but it's "deluxe continental" which means it's almost worth it to go across the street to McDonald's. Also, it's very close to King's Island.

Room Tip: On the day you are to check in, call the front desk and ask them to have housekeeping turn on the AC...
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I work in the Cincannti area often, and i have found, no better place to sttay, than this hotel. It is clean, well kept, friendly,and very courtious, at my every stay. I have recommened this hotel to many friends, and will continue to do so. Cudos, to staff !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here two nights. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Nothing fancy, but it met my needs. The free breakfast was okay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Overall, hotel was clean, kept up nicely.
We checked in at 4:30pm after a long day at Kings Island. It was a 100 degree day and when we got to our room the air was completely turned off and the room was very, very hot. We turned the air on the lowest temp 60 degrees and on high. An hour and a half later the room was not any cooler. We were moved to another room across the hall. The air had been off in that room also but it was a bit cooler in there. The entire night, I slept outside the covers because I was so hot. I think the temperature was 75 (which is hot for sleeping temp, for me) when we got up the next morning.
When we checked out we told the clerk and she said "I wish you would have called us" we told her we did and were moved to another room.
Will definately not be staying here again. If you like the room cool, don't stay here during the summer!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Took a mini-vacation to hit King's Island and do some biking on the Little Miami Trail. Found the hotel comfortable. AC worked well. Nice sized pool, able to do some swimming. Breakfast did end a little early. A little trouble checking in, but they worked it out without any problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo