“Disregard 5-star Reviews. Avoid this place.”

Comfort Inn Northeast
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Garfield, AR
“Disregard 5-star Reviews. Avoid this place.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

8/31/13 our stay at Comfort Inn Northeast in Cincinnati, Ohio, was included in the price of our Diamond Tour.

Well in advance of our stay here, we had requested a Non-Smoking room with a King Bed. I explained that I am severely allergic to smoke.
Upon arrival we were promptly given a Smoking Room with 2 Beds.
I called the desk and reminded them that I NEEDED a non-smoking room.
I was curtly told "That's the only room available to you."
In all fairness, the room had been sprayed with something that did help eliminate the smoke well enough that I did not have a life-threatening allergic reaction to it, but they were obviously not concerned about my health and safety.
The room was NOT CLEAN.
The ironing board and the wall were thoroughly bridged by thick spider webs layered with dust.
I walked barefoot from the bed to the bathroom for my shower and in that short distance the soles of my feet were black! I had my shoes brought to me when I stepped out of the shower so I could keep my feet clean.
I never should have looked under the bed!!! YIKES!
In the morning I was horrified to see black spiders playing tag around the base of the TV.
Others in our group reported spiders in their rooms also.

I was stunned to see a sign on the Front Desk showing this as a "Tripadvisor 4-Star Motel".
How is that possible? The rooms didn't get this dirty and spider-infested overnight!
Are the owners and their relatives placing their own reviews?

I would NOT recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for the review. We are very proud of our hotel and our team works very hard to have each stay the most comfortable and rewarding as possible and because of this we have recieved awards. With the negative along with the positive reviews we learn what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. Again Thank you for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I always stay here when i come to town
and i stayed in double room and when i get into the room ; there is no comforters to be found but only sheets and 1 blanket. And the heat doesn't work. Called the front desk and they said they dont have any comforters. What kinda hotel does have comforters?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for the review. Yes our bedding program has changed. But we welcome the reviews to tell us if changes have to occur for guest satisfaction. Again we take the guest comments seriously and learn from them. Thank you
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked a two night stay with Comfort Inn. I have been given a free 1 night stay (8000 Choice Points) for my complaint, but, nothing has been fixed, yet. I warn travelers to call and confirm the hotel is up to par. I had two couples on either side of me for my stay. I heard ever word they spoke. Not just the sound of a voice, the words. These people were not being loud, a normal conversation level of two people sitting in the same room. This was my number 1 complaint because I knew I also had no privacy in my room. My last night the lady in the room to my right was sick vomiting and using the toilet and I lay in my bed listening. Im not angry with her, she was sick, but the hotel provided none of us privacy and I paid that price of nausea as well from the sounds. Local channels only, no pay-per-views or movie channels, no dvd player and no iPod docking station/alarm clock. The hotel is in need of updating, carpet, furniture and the bathrooms. The location is in a good area and I felt safe. Maid service is exact, quick and friendly and also speaks English so communication is easy. Beware that amenities that are listed for the hotel are not offered. Call and verify all amenities and sound proofing of the rooms.

Room Tip: I would ask to have no one occupy the rooms around you. If you are looking for peace and quiet and s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rhonda G
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thankyou for the review. We take the comments of the guest very seriously rather negative or positive and this tells us what we are doing right and wrong. Again thankyou for the review.
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

All positives: easy on off I-71, very clean, great breakfast, 2 beds-very comfortable, microwave & refrigerator; under $70..well managed, observed tour bus arrive/40 people unloaded/obtained room keys and went to their rooms; all in under 10 minutes. Will stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greg R, Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for the review. The staff thanks you for noticing how we treat our guest rather if on a tour bus or checking in as an individual reservation. We enjoy taking care of our guest and always want you to leave this property as the property to come back to when traveling in this area. Thank you again.
Maple Hts., Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been staying at this location when visiting Kings Island for many years and due to the recent renovations the property has much improved. The expanded breakfast is very good, new bath towels are great, and they have large flat screen TV's, and new carpeting throughout. I believe our room had all new lamps, new alarm clock and even the fixtures on the bathroom sink were new. They must have installed a water softener as well.

You can walk to several restaurants from the hotel and the front desk staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debra O
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and yes the renovations have greatly improved the look of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stay here once a year when we visit family. They have done an excellent job on the remodelling. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Wish I knew the lady's name who was working the breakfast area while we were there. She was so very nice. I misunderstood the timing and we got there late and she helped us in every way she could!! Definitely worth it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for the review. Yes the remodeling has made a big difference and guest that have stayed here in the past and have been back again and again have all made positive remarks on the remodeling. The staff thanks you for staying here again and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn on a company trip. Service was good until we left. My fiance and I left several items in our room after checkout around 9am. We realized as soon as we left and tried to make a call to advise the front desk to keep an eye out for our stuff. We called about 30 times and finally 2 or so hours later the phone connected and the told the front desk that we had left some expensive jewelry, clothes, and electronics in the room. The GM was very kind on the phone and told us not to worry the room cleaning would gather our stuff and return them to lost and found. Surely enough, the GM called not 5 minutes later and reported they "had all of our stuff". We came by a week later to pick up our things (the hotel is 3 hours from where we live) and behold, my brand new Nintendo 3DS XL with a dozen games on it was missing. The people at the front desk acted confused and puzzled as to why it was missing. I demanded an explanation but all I got was "We will make some calls and get back with you". I filed a police report immediately and went home. I waited a week and got no return calls so I called the hotel front desk. The GM answered and acted equally as confused about the situation. He informed us that he had talked to the head of house cleaning and she said it wasnt there so he believed her since "he knew her for so long". So now, I am screwed around $450 in stolen property and the management wont even offer a solution. They won't even claim it under insurance or offer repayment for my stolen stuff. They only thing the GM has told me is "Sorry we don't know what to tell you". Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. When you run a business you make things right for the customer, no matter what. Have fun losing the business of a 30+ person group booking every year, I'll never return to another Comfort Inn or Choice Hotel chain again.

Room Tip: Dont pick any rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard J
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thankyou for the review.