“Dead Sea Scrolls”

Cincinnati Museum Center
Ranked #8 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's Museum & Special Exhibit Hall remain open during the restoration of historic Union Terminal.
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Good display with lots of information. It was a little pricey, but how often do you get to see something like this. Be aware that if you go when it is crowded, that you'll have a tough time spending time looking at the actual scroll fragments. That part of of it was not organized well for very busy times.

1  Thank WillTheTraveler17
There are newer reviews for Cincinnati Museum Center

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The Cleopatra exhibit was perfect, and beautiful. I loved seeing her. I learned alot about this women. The whole museum is beautiful. I love all the exhibits. My favorite though is about Cleopatra.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The museum is awesome. So much to see. I love the murals (or whatever they are called) on the upper walls, showing pictures from the past. Just a wonderful place.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

PRICE: We paid $52 for 2 tickets to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit.

LENGTH: We stayed for 2 1/2 hours.

ENVIRONMENT: The Cincy Museum is beautiful! A large foyer greets you as you walk in, with arching ceilings (somewhat reminiscent of Grand Central Station, NYC).

EXPERIENCE: Our tickets were quickly obtained at Will Call. However, even though we were on time, the exhibit was running behind. We probably didn't enter the main attraction for 20-30 minutes after arrival. This was an indication at the massive traffic flow of people coming to see the Scrolls.

Unfortunately, that was an issue throughout the night. Too many people made it next to impossible to see anything worth seeing. Sure, you could get close the large clay pots, but any of the actual scrolls had such a line that you could wait 30 minutes to see one tiny scroll.

My advice to the museum/exhibitors would be to limit the ticket sales further (they are already restricted and time-slotted). There were far too many people there to experience the scrolls as I had hoped for.

That being said, I can now check this off my life's list.

1  Thank Koogs
CincyMuseum, Social Media Coordniator at Cincinnati Museum Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

We appreciate your feedback and have sent it to the head of special exhibits so we can make our current exhibit run more smoothly. We hope you’ll visit again!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Dead scrolls was sold out by the time we got there at 1030. The butterfly movie was pretty neat although I wouldn't call it must see. Parking for 6$ is a lil steep and be careful there are potholes everywhere. Te museum of history of science was cool. It requires a lot of reading. The 1 pm bat show never took place and they kept telling us it would start any minute. If you don't have kids, they won't let you Ito the childrens museum. We skipped the Cincinnati history museum. Overall, spent about 35$ for 2 people about 4 hours of learning. Not sure that I would go back.