“Just okay for a Westin”

The Westin Cincinnati
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I thought this hotel was decent--the room appeared fairly clean and is what I would consider 'standard'. For a Westin though, I kind of expected more. The rooms are really nothing special--especially for the price. The bathroom is tinyyyy, bed was comfortable as always at a Westin although I did see a few hairs on the other side of the bed from where I slept--yuck. The gym was packed in the morning and I had trouble getting a treadmill--wasn't what I would expect for a Westin gym. For the number of guests they appear to have staying there, they may want to consider a bigger gym--there just wasn't enough room.

The pluses are the bed was comfortable, all of the staff I encountered were really friendly and I like having Ingredients right downstairs too. This is also a great location and able to walk to lots. I think with some upgrades this could be a great hotel--It's not bad, I would stay here for work again but like I mentioned, it's not that great either.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for here nights for business back in September and enjoyed the stay. The hotel is very close to Fountain Square which can be fun as well as the stadiums and many great beer gardens. The restaurant in the hotel is pretty good too. I travel a lot for business so his is rarely said...their buffet breakfast and lunches were very good. Now that's saying something!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Crazy good service from a front desk agent (not management, agent).

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I left my phone in my room and didn't have time to go back to get it before my flight. I used Skype to call from the airport, desperate, and reached Marta B at the front desk and explained what happened. She was able to locate my phone and offered to either put it in a cab for me or overnight it to my home. Taxi would have been too late so I asked for Fedex. She took it to FedEx herself, packaged it (very well, I might add) and sent it for 8am delivery, then sent me the tracking information. All within an hour.

I simply cannot remember another time when a front desk agent at a hotel took such good care of me. That level of service and personal sense of ownership is remarkable and indicative not just of a dedicated employee, but a well run business.

2  Thank ToddPearson
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This property is centrally located in the city and has great access to stellar restaurants.
Check in was friendly and helpful. Andrew had customer service in mind when we arrived. We were in a Fountain Square view room which is member level rooms. I recommend the extra $$ for this view. The room size was enormous for 2. The view was beautiful. The room product a bit tired. Not cleaned exceptionally well....found previous guests bottle cap on the floor, in plain sight, next to the bed. The bathroom was freezing! The floor was too cold to stand on with bare feet, while the room was perfectly warm. The Heavenly Bed is just that, heavenly! You don't want to get up! The concierge found a great breakfast for us a couple blocks over as well.

Room Tip: Fountain Square view, floor 9 or above.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

It was my first experience staying at The Westin Hotels, I stayed for a couple nights and experienced a great service beginning with a guy named Jack that helped with my luggage, the attendants who did my check in were very kind and nice, the famous heavenly beds made a great difference, plus the restaurants and location made my trip much easier. I highly recommend the Westin Cincinnati Hotel!

2  Thank Edward M
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Westin Cincinnati for our wedding weekend in October of 2013. We checked in the day of our rehearsal dinner, and the staff couldn't have been more amazing. The woman who checked us in was quick and efficient, and answered all of our questions. When she found out we were staying for our wedding she told us that if we needed ANYTHING at all they would be there to help, she even gave us some wedding advice and said kind words to make us feel at ease! On Saturday, the actual day of our wedding, all of my bridesmaids and I were getting ready in our room, while my husband went elsewhere to get ready. The front desk staff were super nice, and brought extra chairs to the room because I hadn't thought of extra places to sit for hair and make-up! Also, one of the only downsides of the hotel was that we were near the top floor, and even though it was October we had horribly hot and humid weather that weekend. The air conditioning just couldn't keep up to cool such a large room so high up, which is understandable, and when we called down to tell them how hot it was in the room they quickly sent somebody up to fix it. Overall, we had a great experience at the hotel, especially with the staff! I would definitely recommend staying here for trips to Cincinnati. Not only are the staff great, but the views over Fountain Square are wonderful, and the distance to the stadiums, shops, bars, and restaurants can't be beat! We rarely have a reason to stay at a hotel in Cincinnati, seeing as this is our hometown, but if we ever do again, we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ash_Iheartcoasters
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed two nights at the Westin this past weekend. This was my first visit to Cincinnati and I loved the great central location of this hotel. There were many restaurants within walking distance and the Casino shuttle was quick and easy to use. I especially loved the fountain view and the ice skating rink just below our window.

The room was spacious, quiet and clean and of course the bedding was wonderful.
I will definitely stay at this Westin again.

Room Tip: Fountain View is worth the slight bump in price if you enjoy people watching. The windows are floor...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple