“Easy stay”

Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, Illinois
“Easy stay”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was in Cinci for a friend's wedding and we stayed at the Westin. It's located right downtown which made it easy to access bars and restaurants without needing to drive and find parking. The workout facilities were adequate and our room was clean. I can't complain. :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope your travels bring you back to Cincinnati in the near future and we have the opportunity to welcome you back. Stay well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
Northern, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Had a nice overnight stay with my three young daughters. Check in was a breeze and the staff was wonderful. We were upgraded to a fountain view for no extra charge. Given a map and list of restaurants in the area. Room was clean but not spot-less like some would expect. Coffee maker and mini fridge included. Bed linens were nice but I personally did not find the mattress "Heavenly", to hard, but that is just my opinion. Kids had a wonderful time at the pool. Area was clean and had plenty of towels. Gift shop was well stocked. Yes, I agree with last post that the homeless sleeping in the lobby downstairs was unsettling. Sad that they have no where else to go. We would return for another visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin Cincinnati. We genuinely appreciate the feedback so that we may acknowledge our chekc-in staff and address our areas of opportunity. Please let us know when you will be returning for another visit as we would like to welcome you personally. Stay well.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights (at least I was supposed to). I was told when I made the reservation that the renovations were done. Not the case. Escalators were not working, and elevator does not work without a key card, so guests were walking up and down the escalators WITH all of their luggage. Checked in, my room was not at ALL what I was told it would be on the phone. Ok, I can live with that. Complimentary internet didn't work, I was on the phone with engineering for 45 mins before I ended up just paying $30 for it because I was sick of servicing my own room.

Gets better. Go out one night, come back around 1am to a lobby FULL of at least 8 homeless people sleeping on the floor by the elevators. I was followed to two of them to the elevator shelling out money. Not a single staff member was in sight. The next morning I leave at 7am for a jog. I return at 10am to find my door ajar and a STRANGER'S CELL PHONE sitting on the table by the TV. My room was NOT serviced...no one from housekeeping was in there. So, SOMEONE that was not supposed to be in my room...was in there. How safe is that? Come to find out that the cell phone in question was stolen from someone downtown...and somehow ended up in my room?? Great.

I told them I wanted to leave immediately. I was not charged for the 3rd night that I did not stay, and all I received was a $20 voucher to their coffee shop. Gee, thanks, Westin!

That's the last time I stay in a city that doesn't have a Fairmont.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Haley R
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. Our Front Office Manager, Jamie, will reach out to you directly to review and address the concerns you have noted, and please let us know any additional assistance we can provide. Stay well.
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I traveled to this hotel for business in March 2014. Unfortunately my check in process wasn't quite as great as some of the other reviews on here. I wasn't given instructions on the internet, and info about nearby restaurants or much of anything else. This isn't the biggest deal, but once I spoke with others, I realized I was missing out on a nice map of Cincinnatti.

Other then that I don't have many complaints. I thought all the food offered to us (we ate breakfast and lunch through the meeting in the hotel), and it was all wonderful. I really appreciated that they tried to have healthy options at all the meals, and I thought it was all very well prepared. I also appreciated the service staff during meals very much. They were very attentive, and came with refills before you could even ask.

I had a room on a lower floor- The room was very nice, and I loved the bed, it was so comfortable. I know this is no fault of the hotel, but unfortunately they were doing construction next door, so they started making lots of noise early every morning. Just be aware, and ask for a quieter room if you think it might be a problem.

My biggest disappointment- they didn't have a spa! If they had, I would definitely have used it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Westin Cincinnati. We sincerely apologize that your expereince with a member of our Front Desk team was less than engaging. Our Banquet and Culinary teams are delighted to receive your feeback regarding the satisfaction with our menus and service. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future. Stay well.
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Great room. Great bed. Wonderful pool and workout facilities. I like the new process of getting 5 dollars back when you use the same towels two nights in a row. The girl was very kind when we checked in. She got us a map, restaurant guide, even a pizza list and some free appetizers. Quite a nice young thanks. Enjoyed Cincinnati. Very friendly people

Stayed March 2014
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati and the fantastic '5-star' rating. We are pleased you appreciated the Starwood Hotels and Resorts initiative with our Make a Green Choice Program and our team was delighted to hear about the service you received. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Stay well.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The service is quick and good. The restaurant offers a lot of healthy options. However, at breakfast, the muffins are never labeled! Actually, half are labeled and the other half are not. I have to ask the staff which muffin is which, and often times I point to the muffin I want - the cream cheese one! - and end up with a cranberry muffin. I eat there frequently and watch other guests go through the same process of trying to figure out which is which. Who knows if they get what they asked for. Is it too much to ask for the muffins to be labeled?

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feeback on our Ingredients Restaurant. We appreciate your comments regarding the muffin labeling and will be addressinig this immediately. If you have any additional feedback, please contact our Food & Beverage Manager directly at kelli.chapman@westin.com.
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our organization needed a hotel in downtown Cincinnati that could handle a large group (350 rooms needed over 3 days) and was close to the Cincinnati Memorial Hall. Shannon Bernstein was our contact for our time there and took very good care of us. We had numerous requests and they were all met and exceeded. The staff was very helpful and professional. It is without hesitation that I would recommend The Westin Cincinnati for your group needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for completing a review on your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati. We are delighted we were able to accommodate your group and please everyone had a good time. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Stay well.