“Not my favorite concert venue”

Riverbend Music Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A 5,000-seat pavilion where the Cincinnati Symphony and Pops orchestras perform.
Dayton, Ohio
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Not my favorite concert venue”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went to this venue for a concert over the summer to see The Lumineers. My sister and I won tickets to meet them backstage before the concert. We were escorted to the location which was right outside portapotties. The staff said no personal pictures (with phones and such) except for what the professional staff took. They also said we could not get autographs. Ok, that's a damper because how often do you get to meet an awesome band like this, right? But I won't hold that against the venue as it may have been the artists' request. However, when we were done meeting them, the staff made us actually leave the facility and go back outside. We were unable to stay inside and find our seats. As we were walking out, I asked if I could at least use the restroom and they seem reluctant, but allowed it. We then had to go back outside and wait. Once we were inside (again), there were a variety of beer and food vendors offering high-priced options. (I expected the high prices because that's how it always is at concerts) I did not like how the stadium was set up. There is an inside area that has a cover where you can actually see the performers. The rest of the people sitting in the grassy hill behind have extremely restricted viewing. There is no way they can see the performers because of the way the building is built and the covering blocks most of the view. There are tvs set up to allow a view, but you might as well be at home watching it on tv if that's the case. I was highly disappointed in this venue and if I have a choice, I will go to another concert stadium in the future. It wasn't THAT bad, but it definitely wasn't my favorite concert venue. Also, note that the bathroom facilities are the same as normal concert venues with thousands of people using them: nasty.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ArtfulExistence

Coxs Creek
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Concert on the River”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Location was wonderful for a night concert by the river. Fun watching the boats going by before the concert. Seats were under the pavailion in the 2nd section to the right and gave a great view of the stage. Only complaint was the number of people walking around so when you are 1 row from that isle, they can get on your nerves. The sound was great and in June it wasn't so hot that you hated being outdoors.

Visited June 2013
Westerville
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Concert stampede”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Horrible venue for lawn seats for concert. We go to many outdoor concerts this was the worst venue in our opinion. We were there early got our seats but our blanket and chairs down. only to be stampeded literally when the concert started. people stepped all over us and Olivarri things broke our chair spilled beer on us. there is no walkway so no separation between any part of the lawn seats. if you need to go to the restroom or get a drink after the concert started you are out of luck. you literally cannot move the lawn looks to be way oversold, and the $65 ticket but I bought was the same as the $36 ticket as a matter of fact on the front of the ticket it said $36 even though I paid 65. I would never go back and sit on the lawn the pavilion seats seemed to look okay. one nice thing is they did provide at no extra charge lawn chairs that were low back. but as it turns out you couldn't sit in them because people were literally standing on you.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank sherryluna
Mercer County, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Warped Tour 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Parking was nice and easy. Location was good. Easy to find. Beautiful views of Ohio River. Very clean establishment, even the restrooms after 9 hours of concerts!
My only complaint was, ee paid extra fir VIP access then a young man told us we had to either pay again, donate a cell phone or 6 canned goods to be put at the front of the line. Not sure what the point of paying our extra VIP was...? Overview: great facility, clean and safe.We'll be back!

Visited July 2013
Charleston, WV
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The "lawn" is actually turf... makes it great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our first trip to Riverbend, and we saw Kelly Clarkson open for Maroon 5.

We had "lawn" seating, which we were concerned about, since it has seemingly been raining the entire month of July. Imagine our surprise when we arrived to camp out on field turf! It turned a potential negative into a huge positive.

It was sold out, and there were people everywhere, but people were (for the most part) well-behaved and orderly.

The concessions had some nice food selections (pretzel bites, bratwurst, metts, etc), and the bathrooms were very clean considering 21,000 people were there. We had a great time and hope to return in the future.

The only negative was getting out of the parking lot afterward... an hour wait before they decided to use the entrance to Coney Island as an exit, but we wouldn't let that take away from our very, very fun evening.

Visited August 2013