Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days while I was teaching a class (in the same hotel) and the service was exceptional. Buffet lunch is one of the best and the entire staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Also, you have to make sure to check out their dinner. The homemade sorbet and ice cream alone is worth a stop in Cincinnati! Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I just wanted to say thank you for allowing us to host you during your conference as a teacher. I especially wanted to say thank you for recognizing our lunch buffet. It is offered Monday through Friday and has so many options, I can't even count them all. With 6 hot food options every day and our cold side is comprised of no less than 6 salad options, that are all homemde. I hope you took advantage of the bread station with toppings such as olive tapenade, a hummus variety (homemade from our on-site herb garden) and the expo station always has a personal made item of the day, ranging from Cincinnati chili dogs, to homemade pizza or mouth watering roast beef sandwiches, to name a few. We hope you come back to stay with us again. Oh and your mention of the homemade sorbet. Holly, in our kitchen makes the sorbet on site. The varieties vary by the season. Options currently are: Strawberry Rhubarb, Lemon Lavender and Plum Basil. The Basil and Lavender in the ice cream is grown on site here at Kingsgate. When our bees begin producing honey this year, we will have plenty of options that include our roof top honey. Looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We are having our company meeting here and I can't say enough GREAT things about the Kingsgate Marriott. The customer service at this hotel for our meeting attendees and hotel guests has been outstanding. They can't do enough to take care of us.... Why didn't we find this place earlier. It is a special hotel/event host.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stay in a lot of high-end hotels across the country each year and I can honestly say that I just had the best hotel experience ever at this property. The customer service is of five-star quality and I could not have been more impressed with their professionalism and willingness to go that extra mile to help with my every need. The rooms were exceptionally clean, food was great and again, the staff was top notch and very much on top of their game. When visiting Cincy, I will for sure stay here again and not even consider another property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed with my family the night before surgery at UC (which was walking distance). The level of service and professionalism from the beginning to the end was impressive - even my 11 and 14 year old daughters noticed a difference from our normal 'interstate stopover' hotels. With the rate available to patients and the convenient underground parking that was included, it was a great value as well. Rooms were spacious, clean. Unfortunately, the only room choices are a king or two doubles, so our family of four was cozy - otherwise would have given 5 stars.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I know that being convenient to the hospital is important when visiting loved ones that need your attention. We are walking distance to VA Hospital, Cincinnati Children's Hospital as well as University Hospital. Hope you had a chance to enjoy our terrfic buffet breakfast option during your stay. It is the best ever!! We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We visited the University of Cincinnati and stayed at this hotel. We found our room to be clean with just the right amenities. The beds were comfortable, and although my husband and I are of normal weight, we felt the double bed was a bit small. We felt that at a hotel as this, the beds could be either full or queen.
The restaurants were wonderful! The food was beautifully prepared and delicious. The servers were a huge hit, as they gave all guests their constant attention and even took the time to be more personal and converse with us. This was appreciated very much.
The front desk was responsible to our questions and needs, and we found them highly efficient. The lobby, as well as the halls, were decorated with modern taste.
The days that we visited, the wintry weather was bad, and as a result, guests were offered complimentary shuttle service between the hotel and university throughout the day and evening.
We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am the VP of a Medical Device company and have traveled weekly across the nation for the last two and a half years,. I have NEVER in my life experienced the most accomodating, generous and helpful hotel staff ever. Shelley at the front desk was incredible. She listened to my horrible travel experience before arriving at the hotel and even though her hotel was not responsible for the mishaps prior to my arrival, she made me feel welcome, comfortable and ensured that I was less freaked out from my travel issues before going to my room. Jayne, the Director of Finance was incredible. She greeted me, listened to me ramble on about my horrible day and made sure that they took care of making me feel comfortable, down to offering to bring me a coat since mine got left on the airplane. She then stopped by to see me in the lobby later on that afternoon to make sure that all was okay and when I told her that my crazy day continued on with mishap after mishap, she made sure to take care of making me feel better. None of my issues were their problem, yet they made a bad day a whole lot better, I will absolutely be staying at this hotel again when I return to work with my clients at a local hospital in the near future. They don't come any better than this hotel. I have always been a Hilton fan because they offer prepaid/advanced purchases on their website while allowing my company to purchase my room in advance and giving me my Hilton points instead of going through a third party.HOWEVER...because of Jayne and Shelley, Marriott will benefit from their kindness.and generosity. It comes down to quality customer service and making the customer feel like the most important person there. Thank you Jayne, Shelley and the very nice lady who worked in the bar for making this gal a happy one after a horrible, awful travel day. You all are the best and I will be back to see you all very soon.

Heather T
teamtownsend2003@gmail.com

Room Tip: I like the top floor furthest away from the elevator but otherwise - any room is probably very good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights, as he had an audition at CCM, at the University of Cincinnati.

We arrived very late (after 1 AM) and were told that they were out of rooms with two beds; we'd be stuck with a king and possibly a rollaway. I pointed out that I'd made the reservation directly through the hotel and that my request for two beds was quite clear. The clerk had already run my credit card at the point when she announced that they didn't have the room type we'd asked for, which really didn't seem right at all. I pointed out that it was very late, and asked if they had any other options available that would take care of our needs. The clerk decided to put us in a suite (yay!), so we were fine. More than fine.

The weird thing is, a family of 3 (mom/dad/daughter) who checked in moments before us were stuck with the king/rollaway combo, despite the fact that the mom had called the hotel 3 hours before and verified that they'd have two beds in their room. The clerk even said "I guarantee it." Which, again, was just wrong. They must have known that they'd overbooked that room type - how could they not?

The clerk told us that breakfast was served from 6 to 10 AM in the hotel restaurant; I asked if it was included in the room rate, and she handed us a card comping the breakfasts. I never figured out if that was because they'd screwed up on the room (which they'd already more than fixed), or if it was supposed to be included.

Lots of times, once things start off going badly, they continue on that course, but not so this time. The hotel had a shuttle van to take folks back and forth to the university for tours and such the first day we were there, and then the next day, that van just went back and forth every half hour, hauling the kids to and from their auditions. You did need to sign up for a time slot, but of course, that was no big deal.

And that wasn't all - one night, they dropped us off at a restaurant for dinner, and came back to get us 90 minutes later. On the Sunday, they took my son to and from Mass, and then (when we had hours to kill before our flight home), they took us to and from a movie theater. I hate to think what the taxi fares would have been.

Each morning, we went downstairs for the buffet breakfast. It was quite good, and included an omelet station as well as breakfast meats, potatoes, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, etc. It would have been costly if we'd paid for it ($15/person), but as it was, all we paid were the tips.

Also, when I found out that we'd forgotten to bring my son's resume and head shot, the front desk folks were very helpful; I emailed the resume to them and the printed it for me, and they directed me to a Walgreens, where I was able to get his headshots printed.

All in all, it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family