Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Actually was a ton better than I thought it would be. From a location standpoint it's a little off the trail unless you need to be on campus, but the room was nice and quiet even with a wedding party and it's gets the fifth star for the awesome breakfast...one of the best I've had... (And I'll forgive you for the cool reception we got for wanting to eat outside...almost to an employee, there was an audible sigh when asked to sit outside).

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for the great comments. I am sorry that you received a sigh about sitting outside. our patio dining is extraordinary and for anybody coming to town, you'll want to take advantage of the awesome green space with our fountain just below the dining area. It is a truly relaxing experience. I look forward to seeing you again, maybe for a Reds game this summer? Just ask for the General Manager, I'll be happy to seat you outside.
Sue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I reserved one of the king bed rooms to stay over night on 5/26/14. This night was going to cap off our trip to the Smokey Mountains for our ten year anniversary. Based on the rating being so hgih we were pretty excited to stay at the hotel even thought the total cost of the room totaled to $230.

We finally got to our room and I took a nap. While my wife was getting ready to get in the shower she stepped on a handful of HUGE TOENAILS. That is unbelieveably gross and in my opinion unacceptable. What else was not clean in the room?

I proceeded to call the front desk and share the feedback. The response was "We will see what we can do about providing you with a discounted rate"

Thats not acceptable, my thought is they should of put me in another room and 100% comped. No such thing occured so me and my wife left and found a different hotel. We stayed at the Cincinatian in downtown Cincinatti where the room was gorgeuos, CLEAN, and $80 cheaper!

Room Tip: Go to the Cincinatian
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew D
susan g, Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced upon your arrival in your guestroom. I can certainly understand how concerning it must have been to find nail clippings from the previous guest and how this must have negatively impacted your memorable celebration of your ten year anniversary. Furthermore, I am sorry that we were not more accommodating regarding relocating your guestroom and offering compensation. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. I have spoken to the housekeeping team and have reviewed the proper cleaning room process to ensure the highest of Marriott cleanliness standards. As a gesture of our good will, we would like to offer you one complimentary room night on a future visit to Cincinnati.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

CATHERINE TOTMAN
Assistant General Manager
Girard, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was at the Kingsgate Marriott for a conference, the hotel & rooms were very nice & clean. The staff was very helpful. There is a shuttle available w/ in a so many mile radius or concierge is willing to call a taxi for you. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice, limited menu but the food was very good & the wait staff went above & beyond to make sure I had a pleasant dining experience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A special thank you to Front Office Manager Matthew Dooley. He was very kind, understanding, and took the initiative when I had some problems booking the hotel through Marriott Reservations. I brought my two little girls down for the Memorial Day weekend to go to the Cincinnati Zoo and some other fun things. Both girls developed a 24-48 hour virus, so I wanted to thank housekeeping for helping me out with a few accidents. And last, but not least, a extra special thank you to Bert Murray at the Front Desk, he was so wonderful, and easy to deal with. Bert really made my trip memorable from the incidentals, to his friendliness, to his overall persona - Bert really exemplifies Marriott Customer Service at its best!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The continental breakfast and restaurant/bar had a great selection of delicious food. There were several local/seasonal beers to choose from. The folks at the front desk were very understanding when I lost my breakfast tickets, and replaced them without any hassle.
When I realized that the conference I was attending ended a few hours after the original checkout time they had no problem moving back the checkout time.
Free wifi is always a plus!

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I held a meeting at Marriott Kingsgate in May 2014. It was a fantastic experience. Everyone did a great job. Terri Ford was very helpful in helping us make the arrangements. The tech people that helped get the projector set up were also very patient especially while helping one of our speakers. Staff members were regularly coming by and checking with us to see if we needed anything. Our expectations were far exceeded. The food in the restaurant was delicious, again far exceeded our expectations. I had the pleasure of meeting Susan Graves, the Area General Manager. I could tell by the way that she and the staff interacted that there is genuine respect and affection between them. Susan doesn't just talk the talk, she walks the walk. The survey responses from our attendees were 100% positive about the hotel. Thank you so much for a great experience. I wish I could name each employee that helped us. Please know that each and every person we interacted with was great. I have been sharing my experience with people every day since our event. Thank you.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a visit to Cincinnati Children s hospital, rooms are spacious and very clean. Breakfast was extra but as there is nothing else in the immediate vicinity your options are limited.Reception staff were very helpful and informative.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business