“Nice rooms and conference center, needs a concierge lounge ”

Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times, overall a very nice hotel. Nice rooms, good restaurant with an interesting pairing of microbrews or wines and food on "thirsty Thursdays". Conference facilities and food are above average. A concierge lounge would really improve this hotel!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I travel a lot for business . I always prefer a Hilton or Marriott . This Marriott is the best do far. Clean, friendly staff ,very helpful. The restaurant is wonderful , the lunch buffet awesome....stayed hete for a business trip, checked out...my flight was cancelled and even though the hotel was busy with a planned event they gave me a room and I stayed another night.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had some meetings to attend at this hotel, and did not know much about Cincinnati, but this is in a revitalizing area of the City, in the middle of the University area. And near hospitals. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Breakfast was delightful, with beautiful fresh fruits yogurt and made to order eggs at reasonable prices. I did not have any other meals there except for banquet style meals with the organization I was with. But the food prepared was nothing like "banquet food" in my opinion. The salads were beautiful and we were served salmon, chicken and beef in different iterations. All were excellent and plentiful. I enjoyed the stay.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, it doesn't look very old, the rooms are fresh and clean, however the walls are so thin we could hear conversations next door. The hotel is close to the university and hospitals and the hotel parking is on site, but they charge $10.00/day. The hotel offers breakfast downstairs but it's not free either. For the price you pay at this hotel it would be nice to have free parking and a continental breakfast.

Stayed: June 2014
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your response, we value your opinion about our hotel. I appreciate you noticing that we just completed a room renovation and that the cleanliness and freshness of the hotel stood out to you. I apologize that noise levels from teh adjacent room were not blocked to a greater degree. I am not sure if you were in a connecting room or not but if so, this may have contributed. In the future, feel free to call front desk and allow us an opportunity to speak with your neighbor to help keep things comfortable for you. Our parking garage is covered and underground and very safe. We do not own nor operate the garage and therefore we do not control pricing. However, all guests have felt comfortable with the well-lit, clean garage where the elevator takes you directly to lobby level. There is easy access to the hotel from the garage. We do offer package pricing that includes parking and breakfast so in the future, please utilize that package pricing that accommodates a value add for you as our guest. We look forward to serving you in the future and I am hopeful that this information is helpful. Sue Graves

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center is a great hotel in an excellent conference center setting. Buffet's and Breakfast were good solid meals, fresh veggies and nicely done fish, chicken and beef. Conference rooms and small amphitheaters are among the best conference rooms I have been in…having stayed downtown, the distance to the museums and good restaurants requires a car or taxi. Excellent, helpful staff including great wait staffs and friendly service.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls were very quiet.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Actually was a ton better than I thought it would be. From a location standpoint it's a little off the trail unless you need to be on campus, but the room was nice and quiet even with a wedding party and it's gets the fifth star for the awesome breakfast...one of the best I've had... (And I'll forgive you for the cool reception we got for wanting to eat outside...almost to an employee, there was an audible sigh when asked to sit outside).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for the great comments. I am sorry that you received a sigh about sitting outside. our patio dining is extraordinary and for anybody coming to town, you'll want to take advantage of the awesome green space with our fountain just below the dining area. It is a truly relaxing experience. I look forward to seeing you again, maybe for a Reds game this summer? Just ask for the General Manager, I'll be happy to seat you outside.
Sue

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I reserved one of the king bed rooms to stay over night on 5/26/14. This night was going to cap off our trip to the Smokey Mountains for our ten year anniversary. Based on the rating being so hgih we were pretty excited to stay at the hotel even thought the total cost of the room totaled to $230.

We finally got to our room and I took a nap. While my wife was getting ready to get in the shower she stepped on a handful of HUGE TOENAILS. That is unbelieveably gross and in my opinion unacceptable. What else was not clean in the room?

I proceeded to call the front desk and share the feedback. The response was "We will see what we can do about providing you with a discounted rate"

Thats not acceptable, my thought is they should of put me in another room and 100% comped. No such thing occured so me and my wife left and found a different hotel. We stayed at the Cincinatian in downtown Cincinatti where the room was gorgeuos, CLEAN, and $80 cheaper!

Room Tip: Go to the Cincinatian
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew D
susan g, Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced upon your arrival in your guestroom. I can certainly understand how concerning it must have been to find nail clippings from the previous guest and how this must have negatively impacted your memorable celebration of your ten year anniversary. Furthermore, I am sorry that we were not more accommodating regarding relocating your guestroom and offering compensation. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. I have spoken to the housekeeping team and have reviewed the proper cleaning room process to ensure the highest of Marriott cleanliness standards. As a gesture of our good will, we would like to offer you one complimentary room night on a future visit to Cincinnati.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

CATHERINE TOTMAN