“Excellent Indian restaurant”

Ranked #621 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Step into Kanak India Restaurant for an authentic Indian cuisine. Your senses will fill with aromatic herbs and spices perfectly blended with vegetables and/or meat to give you a true taste of India right in your neighborhood.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Kanak is the local Indian restaurant of choice for my wife and me. It is close to our house, but I also enjoy the food. The ambiance and service are fine.

1  Thank glboh
There are newer reviews for Kanak India Restaurant

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I actually picked this through reviews on Urbanspoon. Never again !! The room was sparse and could be another venue tomorrow, zero atmosphere. The staff were not pleasent and made you feel that you were an irratant rather than a customer. Food was basic at best and flavourless. I would never go back.

1  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed 20 March 2013

It was a good experience to have taste of India there. first time, but great curry. I have ever tasted Indian curry before and this place reminded me that time. the "Nan" was so soft and great!!! I recommend to those who love curry. there are 6spicy levels 1-6. You can choose any level you want!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We've been long time loyal Tandoor customers (the original Indian restaurant 1 block away) but they aren't open on Sundays, and I've heard good things about Kanak India, and the reviews on Trip Advisor were pretty positive, so we gave it a try. First off - the restaurant dining area was nicer than you expect, especially for a strip shopping center location. Clean. Fresh. There is a short bar on the back wall that seems to mostly be used for waiters to calculate checks. Although I had a nice, cold Kingfisher beer there. They have a thorough menu and an apparently popular lunch buffet.
The Vegetable Samosas were good. The mint sauce was good (I think Tandoor was better). The Lamb Saag was out-of-this-world great! The spices and ingredients were perfect and delicious and the lamb pieces were tender and sweet (score one for Kanak). A new favorite. The Chicken Tikka Masala was way too buttery... It went uneaten. (score one for Tandoor) The rice that came with the lamb and chicken was terrific. A generous serving and well prepared with some spices and peas. The Nan (we had plain Nan and Onion) was very good. So... Kanak was a good Sunday alternative to Tandoor, but we won't order the chicken dish again!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Typical North Indian menu--very rich and creamy/buttery in the style that apparently is most popular in this country. Excellent for this style though I prefer lower fat.