“Exceeded my picky expectations!”

SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 28 February 2010

I am getting picky on hotels... they must be ultra clean, updated and with good service. This hotel exceeds all of my expectations! We chose this hotel because of it's location. We were traveling south and needed something near I-75 and I-71. We had no idea what to expect except that it was fairly new. WOW! From the minute we stepped in the hotel, the excellent service from the staff at the desk, we knew this was going to be a great stay. It has a very modern feel, done in relaxing blues and greens, almost spa like. In our King room, luxury is all abound... from the separate water closet and sink to the shower room with it's body jets and vanity to the pocket doors and the sea green/blue sectional and ultra modern desk. It was VERY clean and the linens were lux. You will have to see this place! We ate at the Mt. Adam's Fish Club that night for dinner (very good, review for this place will be in the restaurant section). It is about a mile from the hotel, up in a historic suburb of Cincinnati. The next morning, breakfast was included in the $113. AAA rate nightly rate. There is an additional $8.00/night parking fee which steamed me at first, because I had not been told when I booked the room, but the room made me forget it! The breakfast had hot and cold food selections which more than filled us before we left, and was served in a very bright, clean area. The next time I visit Cincinnati, there is no doubt where I will stay!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 January 2010

Will never stay here again. Although rooms are new and clean, the bathroom has frosted glass in the door which allows anyone to see the person in the shower. There are no locks on the bathroom doors (which are sliding doors). The bathroom doors don't even latch! I stayed with my wife and teenage daughter and everyone was uncomfortable with the bathroom arrangement. The hotel charges $8 per night for parking and there was only 6 cars in the lot. NO RESTURANTS close by! The only food available was microwave meals sold at the lobby. I used a debit card and they overcharged me by $60 due to a processing fee on the debit card. The beds were very hard! Noise level was very loud due to being right next to I-71. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Stay here all the time son goes to school in Cinci. Clean great beds fast elevator good breakfast and quiet hotel. Eden Park across the street is beautiful. Walk up to the Mt Adams lookout for a great view of the city. For a tour of the city call the Able Scotsman very reasonable and what a history the city has and great buildings.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanne777
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Stayed here for one night for a reception the following evening. Brand new, very clean. Lobby is beautiful! Large circular area with flat screen and comy chairs surrounded by floor length jewel colored sheers; quite unique. Bar in lobby also. Very good breakfast served every morning included in room price. Eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, pastries etc. Room had 2 queen size beds which were very comfortable. Living area had desk, sectional sofa, fridge, microwave. Colors are all rich jewel tones.....beautiful All accesories and fixtures are very contemporary and nicely done. Nice view of the city also.

Located right on I71, but did not notice any noise from the interstate. You do need a car if you are staying here or I suppose you could just use local taxis. Nothing close to walk to but only a stones throw from both stadiums and downtown, not to mention Eden Park, Mount Adams, Newport on the Levee, major hospitals, University of Cincinnati and several nice shopping areas such as Kenwood Towne Center and Rookwood Commons.

I live in the Cincinnati area and definitely have any of my family or friends stay here!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I was nervous about staying here after reading previous reviews. Plus, I was wary of the location after looking a bit at the surrounding area. But I kept my reso because of it's proximity to University of Cincinnati (the place I was visiting). Once we arrived, I was thrilled. The hotel is fresh and new, uniquely decorated in the public areas and the rooms are quite contemporary with colors, furniture, and fixtures. I do agree that the toilet/shower areas (I don't quite know how to word them) are unique. I also agree that the toilet stall is odd because it is small and the door is a rolling type that comes out of the wall, rather than the typical hinge-type door. Rooms feature a muted turquoise color, along with a few other subdued hues.

I really liked it here and felt safe. Business buildings are located close by and the historic Mt. Adams is only about a mile up the hill. Mt. Adams has wonderful restaurants and shops--all are unique, no fast food at all. Great city and river views can be had from up there. It's only about 5 minutes from the University and freeway access couldn't be easier. It also seems easy to access the stadiums close by.

Staff was fantastic. All were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast wasn't anything different from what other hotels of this calibre offer. But it was well presented, the areas clean and well stocked.

If I return to the area, this will definitely be my 1st choice. I recommend this hotel definitely for business travelers or for families traveling with older children.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Stayed here 2 nights so we could attend Reds Game. Hotel still smells new, but they hired a bad architect. Strangest thing is the bathroom which has been split into 2 "closets". One with a shower & sink and other with a toilet & sink. Both have pocket doors that private no privacy. The shower closet has a fogged door so when the wife took an early shower the entire room lit up. No one liked the toilet closet which was 2 feet from the beds with a pocket door that was 2" from the wall & did not lock. More privacy in a public stall. Just strange. As others have stated $8 for parking that anyone can access is a scam. The front desk hammers you when you check in to see if you brought a car because they can wait to add $8 to your bill.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cel1964
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Very new property and very clean. We had a very pleasant stay overall. The staff was generally helpful and the maid was amazing. She was probably one of the best I've expierenced and was really customer focused.

This is a little different room layout than other Springhill Suites with a more modern look. But overall it is the same room you get at the properties throughout the US. There were some maint problems, door handle fell off, sliding glass for computer desk was stuck, and the shower leaked on to the floor when the door didn't seal correctly.

The fitness area isn't all that great. One of the treadmills is impossible to run on due to a weak motor, the weights are limited, and there isn't a universal machine of any kind. Pool is small, but useful. There isn't a hot tub which seems odd.

Location is about a mile or two from Downtown. The area around the hotel is fine. There is a nice park across the street which was nice to run in. There is also a college bar area really close, which I ran across while running. It is a perfectly safe walk to the downtown area if you want to do that, but you definately will walk through some low income spots.

Breakfast was done very nicely and they kept is well stocked. The workers were staying on top of refreshing all of the items. We eat early, so there wasn't much of a crowd. Also we stayed over a weekend and this is primarily a business hotel, so they didn't seem very busy.

My biggest complaint is the price for the room for a weekend stay. We got a discount through Marriott, so it wasn't a bad price. However, their standard price compared to a downtown hotel like the Hyatt isn't worth it. For business I wouldn't mind the price and location, but with my family I will pay less next time and stay downtown.

Overall a good hotel with an enjoyable expierence, but there are several areas that should improve to make this worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family