“Very poor customer service”

WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I would NOT recommend Value Place Sharonville OH. I paid for a 4 week special rate and stayed the full 4 weeks. After the 4th week, they wanted another full payment for another 4 week stay. I asked the desk agent if I would get a refund for any unused portion of the prepaid 4 week stay. She stated I would get a full refund of the unused portion. After giving the required notice, I checked out after the first week (found permanent housing). I was told by the manager (Jon) that it is NOT Value Place's policy to refund unused days, EVER. I asked for the phone number of the area manager, he refused. I asked for the phone number of the corporate customer service, he refused. After a search on the web, I found the number. The area manager refunded 60% of the amount that was owed to me. Other than this, I waited 2 days in a smoking room waiting for a non smoking room. I had reserved and paid for a non smoking room. Rooms are also very loud and EVERYTHING is extra, including toilet paper. NOT worth the headache.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank toddflath

Reviewed 24 September 2011

I made my reservation at this hotel 2 weeks before I needed to be there so I could be sure there would be a room for me. I gave them my credit card to reserve the room also and asked for a confirmation number,which I did not receive because I was told it would not be necessary. I arrived in Cincinnati on a Sunday night to start a 10 week internship and when I pulled into the parking lot I was not impressed with the outside appearance. The price was right though so I decided to just suck it up as far as the outer appearance and hope the rooms were better. I am unable to comment on the rooms because I did not stay at this hotel because of my interaction at the "front desk" which looked more like a concession stand at a ballgame. When I presented my ID and told the lady at the desk that I had a reservation she said that they had no record of my reservation and that they had no rooms available. I told her that I had made my reservation 2 weeks before and then she looked back and said that my reservation had been cancelled. When I asked who had cancelled it she told me that it had been cancelled by the staff there because my reservation was marked as a guaranteed no show. I asked her why that was since I had made my reservation and had given my credit card info to hold the room. I walked out of the lobby to my car called the Extended Stay in Sharonville and they made me a reservation over the phone. I walked back in, told the lady at the desk to remove all of my information from their system and I left. I was thoroughly unimpressed with their customer service or lack thereof and the fact that my reservation was cancelled without any communication with me at all. Don't waste your time with a reservation here, from what I saw there are nicer places that are just as close and in the same price range.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ZachCoriell
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Clean, non-smoking room. The staff was very helpful. Perfect for a week's stay for a couple or a family. Full refrig, microwave, range top, and adequate cabinets provided for you to have some meals in the room. Read documents, and make sure you notify the front desk 24 hours before departure. Pay deposit in cash, and you can get it returned when you check out.

Room Tip: Check in Monday - Friday or before noon on Sat.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hbmari22
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Value Place! We try very hard to make every guest's stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We hope to see you again the next time you come through town.