“Great experience so far!”

WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Great experience so far!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I relocated from Florida to the Cincinnati area the 1st of February, before I left Florida I checked several places out online and for the money Value Place offered the most for what I needed. The rooms are remodeled, clean and housekeeping comes in every other week to give it a once over. It does remind me of my college dorm room days, not the biggest room but for a single person it is perfect!

I read a review knocking the staff, obviously guest don't understand the types of people the staff have to deal with on a day to day basis. Sonia, I hope you don't mind using your name but the other review did as well does a fantastic job dealing with people and guest. She is hardly a pushover and maybe that is why the other reviewer felt the need to write a negative review. I can say everyone is extremely professional and friendly, when I walk through I always get a "hello" or "hi, how are you".

The other statement about the police driving through, I did notice a police officer last week because a vehicle was broken into, other than for that I haven't seen any police driving through but I am glad they are. This doesn't mean the hotel is unsafe, cars get broken into everywhere including other hotels. it was probably an isolated incident and not because of the guest it's most likely people that will target your vehicle no matter where you stay.

This weekend, Friday - Sunday I stayed in Indianapolis visiting my daughter, the hotel we stayed at was a Wingate by Wyndham. I paid about the same as what I pay at Value Place for a week. The Wingate hotel can learn a lot from Value Place, the rooms were not maintained and the staff was far from helpful in any manner. I had other issues but next time I go out there to see her I will be looking at the Value Place!

Do your homework, read reviews and ask if you can see a room before you commit to it. I read the reviews before, which some were negative but after looking at a room made the decision to stay and I feel I made a great choice!

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first, no doubt they will be glad to show you!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2014

On the positive side, the updated rooms have wood floors, are clean upon arrival, cameras in public areas, stove and refrigerator in room, heat, and plenty of parking.

On the negative side, cable TV not the best, slow toilet (stopped up a few times), brought my own plunger, refrigerator smells like cigarettes, the non-smoking rooms are not non-smoking, can hear neighbor's conversations, have seen police patrol parking lot several times (not sure if this is a good sign or bad sign), makes me think they're looking for criminals (checking license plates)

staff can be rude at times with a no care attitude, Sonia the manager doesn't know how to make money for this hotel, if anything she's helping Value Place lose money, many good people would stay longer if she'd be more respectful, understanding, and caring for those that pay to live here short or long term, she is rude and doesn't know how to talk to people, I would leave (I have the money to go elsewhere), I'm in-between housing and don't want to go to another hotel, if I have to I will though, I'm tired of dealing with her (don't get on her bad side)

I'd rather have good customer service than to deal with the attitudes and mistreatment here, I was told by her that I take things out of proportion, this was an attack on my character (her opinion), this was something she could have kept to herself, she talks down to the people that are paying her, she's too rigid on rules and regulations, she takes the human side out of the picture (no compassion, fellow feeling, or concern) no matter what your circumstances or how long you've been paying to live here

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends and I know lots of people, nor will I ever stay at this hotel again as long as I can help it, she may work for corporate (that's what she says), that doesn't mean anything to me, you can't treat your guest any kind of way and expect them to want to stay, refer others, or come back

I don't think any of the staff has had any type of customer service training, at least not at the Sharonville location, Value Place you need to figure out how to keep your guest, not get rid of them, please start with who you hire, reward and honor guest that have paid you long term, allow room for the policy to be adjusted for those that pay long term (there are nicer extended stays that do this)

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this hotel if you can help it.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The staff here is very helpful and caring towards their customers. Ashley helped me with any questions or concerns I had. Sonya was there to help as well. Wonderful stay looking to visit again very soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cranston M
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Sharonville, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We always strive to provide the best guest experience possible. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Please come back soon and enjoy our newly remodeled rooms.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

My mother needed a place to stay temporarily while she found a new place. Originally only needed a place to stay for a week or two but after things fell through ended up staying longer. Long story short my mother loves it and I really can't say enough about it. The staff is awesome and the manager Sonya is just great. Thank you guys sooooo much!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for the review! We love hearing what our guests have to say about staying with us. We are very happy your mother is comfortable with us. We hope that she will continue to enjoy our newly remodeled rooms!
Sharonville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 December 2013

When I first came to Value Place in Sharonville, the management was very nice and helpful since I needed a place to stay for me and my child, after becoming homeless. Since I have been here the management has changed and the manager has been very nice, helpful and very kind.
The rooms have been remodeled and they are very nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Sharonville, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate guest feedback. We are very pleased that we've been able to provide a safe place for you and your child to stay. We are excited that you've enjoyed the newly renovated rooms including the new beds and flat screen TVs. We hope that you continue to enjoy your stay with us.
NC
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had been a happy Value Place customer since 2009. Whenever I traveled I always looked for and stayed in a Value Place, never again! I relocated to Ohio and stayed at this one for over a year. The last several weeks have gotten so bad I had to move. First off they keep remodeling and raising the rates each time with less than a weeks notice. Second they told us we had to change rooms and gave us only a few days notice before the move. We both work full time and attend school full time and they were just so rude about the whole situation. The last straw came this week when the property manager suddenly quit and some very rude traveling manager locked my door while I was at work and told me I was going to have to pay $250 just to get back in and another $239 for the next week! I was paying a monthly-weekly rate and had always paid on time and yet somehow the computer changed my rate to daily and no one has notified me and so I incurred a ton of late fees which I had no idea about cause the girls at the desk always just took my money and I never saw a receipt except for the credit card charge. When I tried to ask for clarification this very rude manager Sonia told me " just shut up, you are not listening to what I am saying. I am telling you it doesn't matter what you were told before I am telling you that you paid late and either you pay $250 now and another $239 for this week or you can move". She would not look at me while she spoke, just kept staring at the computer and when I asked if she would please look at me when she spoke to me, she just rolled her eyes and walked out of the office without finishing the conversation. I have worked in customer service for 20 years and this lady is not qualified for any customer service industry. Value place, you just lost yourself a longtime customer because of your shady business practices and rude manager. I used to tell everyone I knew to stay at Value Place when traveling but no more. I will make sure none of my family or friends (who are in multiple states) NEVER spend a penny at a Value Place again. I will always regret spending my hard earned money, all $13,651, at a company who does not know how to treat a long time customer!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank deedee1157
I'd like to apologize for the way you feel you were treated recently at our hotel. We want every guest to have a positive experience, certainly not a negative one. I've emailed you separately. Please email me back when you have a moment.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

not clean, the smell of cigarettes and marijuana, our non smoking floor is a smoking floor, the weekly rates keep rising, rude front desk and management, no housekeeping like advertised, no customer service at all. will never return.

• Stayed November 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Sharonville, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I've emailed you separately to see if there is anything we can do to help make up for your experience. Please email me back when you have an opportunity.