“Dusmesh Revisited”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clifton
Description: I provided the link to Dusmesh's Google listing because they do not have an official company hosted web page. Indian, Buffet and Vegetarian $10-15 per entree
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This restaurant is but a shell of it's former self. It is under new ownership and. simply stated, it is not the same. Service is mediocre at best. For example our main courses were served before wee received our plates. The food was not hot when served. Overall a great disappointment as this was our favorite restaurant for a number of years. So sad.

There are newer reviews for Dusmesh Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We visited Dusmesh on a Sunday afternoon, and were pleased to find a buffet. This was only my second visit to an Indian restaurant, so I was excited by the variety. I tried a bit of almost everything on the buffet and each dish was wonderful. Among our choices were - turnip marsala (one of my favorites) chicken curry, goat curry, Tandori chicken, saag paneer, tomato soup, bhatura, egg Bhurji, Rav Ratan Korma, vegetable Pakora, and Kheer. Many of the dishes on the buffet were refilled during our hour long visit. What a bargain for under $20 for the two of us.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I can only really vouch for a few dishes, because when you find two dishes you absolutely love, why ever deprive yourself of them. This restaurant makes the best Chicken Tikka Marsala i've ever had, the favors are perfect, and the chicken is tender. However, the dish which is the reason i come here every time i return home, is the Chicken Tikka Saag. You can not find this dish at every Indian restaurant, this is a rare blend of saag(a spinach based dish) and the Chicken Tikka Marsala (tomato based dish). If you look up this dish the recipe will credit "a Cincinnati restaurant" this is because no one else does it like Dusmesh. And if the food being awesome was not enough, i have always found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming. You need to try it.

1  Thank Goodriba
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The indian food is really good here, I always get the lunch buffet. The last time I was there I invite some friend from class, they also enjoyed it.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Sometimes you get into a restaurant rut and go the the same few restaurants again and again: your favorite salad place, burger joint, steak house or your favorite Indian or Chinese restaurant. Why gamble when you know the food is good? Then you hear about a new restaurant or read a review and want to try it. Why not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My wife and I have 2 favorite Indian restaurants in Cincinnati. We read favorable reviews of Dusmesh and thought we would give it a try.

The restaurant is not far from the University campus. Most of the diners seemed to be students and faculty. The building appeared to be a converted house, comfortable but not fancy. The decor was plain and the lighting subdued. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing.

We ordered saag mushroom and chicken tika. Both dishes were adequate but nothing special, certainly not as good as we were used to.

So we ventured but did not gain. We will go back to our old standbys.