Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskmedical centercollege visitparking feecomplimentary breakfastnice hotelfresh fruitvine streetthe breakfast areanice breakfastrooms are cleanexcellent stayking suitei highly recommend this hotelwithin walking distanceindoor poolwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel was very nice...considering while you are driving through the area to find it, the houses and things around are in fact a little questionable. But once you get into the parking lot it is very clean and well lit. The surrounding streets are very narrow and crowded.

The Lobby is clean, spacious and has beautiful decor. We stayed in a double queen room that was super clean and also decorated very beautiful...The bathroom was good sized and well stocked with all needs (towels, tissue paper, shampoo, conditioner, shower cap etc.) The carpets and tile floors were well kept as well. (no stains anywhere) The beds were very comfortable...white linens and pillows were spotless and very fresh smelling. And both of the beds in our room were covered with a zip on mattress cover to prevent bed bugs (Major Plus!!)

The pool and workout areas are also very clean and well maintained! The breakfast is located in the lobby every morning with a huge selection from egg and steak buritos, waffles, aprox 5 different kinds of cereal, pancakes, omlets, 3-4 different kinds of muffins, pastries, orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, milk, water, tea and several blends of coffee...these are just some of the things we saw while we were there for two days. Another plus when you have three kids who all want different things for breakfast!

Finally, the staff was excellent! The lobby workers were very friendly and helpful. We actually got a room that didnt have a small refigerator and my daughter had meds that needed to be kept cold so they worked it out and brought us a small one to keep while we were there...They really made our stay very enjoyable!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie M
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Hi Katie.
I am so glad that you stayed with us and I do really appreciate your comments. We call ourselves an oasis in the middle of the city. Pretty soon others will catch on and upgrade their businesses and property.
Again, thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

During our stay in Cincinnati we chose this hotel because of the bed. It was comfortable and hard. Slept well in it.
First of all the lobby was large and had a nice sitting area. The receptionist was friendly.
The bedroom was a nice size and decorated well.
They offer breakfast every morning.
All in all I am satisfied with my stay at this hotel. If I wasn't I would let you all know. Being honest...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Queenbee1955
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

I am so sorry for taking this long in responding to your review. I see that you were here at the start of the summer. I just wanted you to know how much we appreciate your very kind words.
Have a wonderful day

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Well I was pleasantly suprised this hotel was so nice, considering the houses surrounding the parking lot.. Driving up to the hotel is somewhat sketchy, until you get into the very clean and well lit parking lot. We stayed here for a business trip and had to be close to the surrounding hospitals. During the day we actually walked to the hosptals and even though we did encounter a few possibly homeless people we felt pretty safe. The hotel clerk wasn't that great on giving directions to nearby eateries which was kind of odd. And there arent many eateries in walking distance of this location. Then hotel itself was VERY clean and comfortable.They also offered a free breakfast that has a very good variety of foods.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
cacheflow, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for your honesty. I am very sorry to respond so late but I just wanted to thank you for giving us a chance to serve you.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The design is entirely generic, but the location is extremely convenient and the staff unbelievably nice. We are from Cincinnati and have tried about everthing in the area of the University. This is your best option at the moment for service, facilities and location!

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the hospital.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to be of service. Please come back some time and join us as we welcome repeat guests. They are like friends to us..

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I travel to Cincinnati often for business and am happy to have found a place that feels like home away from home. Beyond the very nice, clean + spacious rooms, the people here are just outstanding. From Tim at the front desk to Wanda who makes sure everyone eats healthy at breakfast, these people are some of the nicest I've encountered. The best Hampton (and possibly the best hotel) I've ever stayed at in regards to customer service + a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I posted your comment in our break room. Timm and Wanda were so excited to see their names in print. Thank you so much for your kind words.