Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
  • Pool
US$108
US$82
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$97
BestWestern.com
US$126
US$122
US$115
Comfort Inn Northeast(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$99
ComfortInn
Hopkins Park Bed and Breakfast(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$246
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barlytle parktaft museumfire pitvalet parkingfull kitchenone bedroom suiteohio riverbank arenabaseball stadiumbreakfast staffgreat american ballparkapartment buildingreds gamerooms are spaciouswalking distancebeautiful hotel
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We visited Cincinnati for a wedding. The wedding party had arranged for people to book reservations at the Residence Inn, as they were having their dinner reception party at the nearby Taft Museum of Art.

This hotel is absolutely fabulous. Service was stellar throughout our visit from the time we drove up to the front door till the time we left.

The rooms are large. We had a studio suite overlooking the river. It had a very nice lay out including a nice kitchen, living room sitting area. To divide the sitting area from the king size bed, there was a large swivel TV. The room was huge; the bathroom was very nice. This would be a lovely stay for 2 to 3 people as the couch can be made into a bed.

Since we were at a wedding, we also saw the huge 2 bedroom rooms. That room had a large kitchen; the living room was very comfortable for seating 10 people as we enjoyed having conversations there; the 2 bedrooms were of very nice large size and the bathrooms for both were nice.

These are some of the nicest rooms at any hotel/residence inn you will find.

The hotel also has a very nice outdoor area. They also have a very nice indoor bar area - great for discussions; several large TVS in the area as well. We enjoyed drinks at the bar and the service was nice.

They also have a large side room you can book for a group party.. The wedding party had their after party there - guests had a great time there from 10 - 3 in the morning. Fun times!

The hotel stay includes breakfast in the morning; it is a very nice breakfast. both hot and cold food - they had all kinds of breakfast items.....my favorite was the biscuits and gravy. Yummy!!!!

It is possible to walk from there to the restaurant district of Cincinnati - we did it with a group of 6 in about 15 minutes one way. This is a fairly safe walk to take. As such, you have a lot of options for dining. (Note: You can also drive - its about a 5 minute drive; and there are parking garages in the restaurant district).

This was our first time in Cincinnati - so we cannot compare it to other properties. We are however frequent travelers with our home being San Francisco Bay Area. When we visit Cincinnati again in the future, we would book here and not look elsewhere. It is that GREAT!

Great hotel - Great service.
Perfect place to stay if you are visiting Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Ask for a river front room - nice views of the river from the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mini
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This Residence Inn is bar none the absolute best Residence Inn I have experienced in over 20 years while staying in literally hundreds of others. The service was second to none and the hotel was warm, tastefully decorated, and super clean. The manager of this property clearly knows how to train and motivate employees to ensure that the guest always feels most important. I haven't received treatment this good at premium properties costing many times as much. I can't say enough good about this property and will go out of my way to stay here anytime I am in the area. If you are in town for a convention at the Duke it's a pleasant 10 minute walk. You can believe all the reviews that lead me to choose to stay here myself - they have something truly special here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I travel often for business, so I see my fair share of hotels across the US, Canada and Mexico. And, honestly, I'm rarely impressed. However, I stayed at this Residence Inn in Cincinnati to attend a Bengals game this weekend and I must say, I was very impressed with this hotel! I had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite overlooking the park. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed with 3 large flat screen TV's, 2 full baths, a full kitchen and comfortable sitting area. The bathrooms were large and well designed. The lobby is fantastic with a large common area, a bar and restaurant. We found the bar very lively on Saturday afternoon and evening. Beer was cold, great wine list and excellent service. Front desk staff very attentive. Valet parking is $20, but the service is worth it in my opinion. Hotel is walking distance to everything downtown Cincy has to offer.

I highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HB126
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Very nice hotel in the downtown area. Very pretty and safe location. The decor looks very new and it was nice to have a kitchenette. The staff was very helpful and suggested activities for our two small children. Breakfast included hot eggs, oatmeal, and other healthy options. We selected a queen size bed with sofa bed room. The pull-out was Ok for children but wasn't at all comfortable for an adult's weight. The other con was that our room faced the freeway and even though we were on the tenth floor there was distinct traffic noise. It wasn't loud enough to bother my family, but I'm a light sleeper and it was difficult to ignore the noise. Overall, I thought the hotel was a bit on the pricey side, especially when you include parking fees and hotel tax, but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't face the freeway
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LaraChicago
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I have stayed at this property a few times now, and it works for me. The rooms are spacious and very much set up for the business traveler. The staff makes everything easy. The breakfast buffet provides a good selection and the cooks are constantly refreshing it. The hotel bar offers very friendly service, and a good drink selection. The food selection is somewhat limited, but it works in a pinch. The hotel is located a few blocks from the center of town. And, provided the weather is nice, there are plenty of dining options available within walking distance. Also, if you need something, there is a drug store two blocks down the road. The one area for improvement is the bedding quality.

Room Tip: The drug store two blocks away is convenient to grab a bottle of wine or forgotten toothbrush. The staff will gladly provide directions.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business