“WHI hotels run the best for your $” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps

and 1 more site!
Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
“WHI hotels run the best for your $”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Best service, best property, best everything. Can't beat the location, can't beat the service and by far the best Residence Inn in the nation.

There for a night out in town and everything was perfect. I always stay at the Hilton Netherlands which is a very nice hotel but renovations would be nice. This Marriott is brand new and its historical building makes it seem like your not in Cincinnati. Will never stay anywhere else. The GM was very accommodating and I can't wait to come back.

Thanks and se you in the future!

Stephen

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen B
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Stephen,

Thank you for the great review of the hotel. The team is excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything to be perfect. Perfection is our goal and I assure you we will continue to push ourselves to a perfect experience for our guests each and every time.

We look forward to your next stay!

david.meisner@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed here one night before a business meeting and was not disappointed. The room was very large and clean and updated. The historic building in charming and set behind a beautiful park. I came on a Sunday and left early for a morning meeting so I was able to park at the meters out front and that was super convenient. My room had a kitchenette with everything you would need for a long term stay and I noted that they would even be willing to go grocery shopping for you.

Enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant/bar. Very cool and comforatble place, although my chopped cobb was not something I would order again (low quality), but my husband's sliders were great and so were the homemade chips.

All in all everything was nice and comfortable and staff very friendly, would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in downtown Cincy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I am very happy to hear that you found our suites to be comfortable, met your needs and that you found our service to be friendly. We have set very high standard for the level of service and product we expect to provide to each and every guest and it is great to know we are hitting the mark.

Additionally, thank you for sharing your feedback on our Cobb salad, I assure you I will personally work with my culinary team to redeveloped our Cobb salad and ensure it is of the highest quality using on the best ingredients available.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our great city!

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This truely is a beautiful hotel. I've stayed in a few dozen Residence Inns and this is the nicest one I've ever been in by far. There are tons of places to eat and you are very close the interstate and the popular Newport Levy area. We had a nice view of the Reds Baseball stadium and there is a small park right across the street.

There is plenty of space in the room and it is perfect for small families if you use the pull out sofa. The morning breakfast was awesome and there is a really nice bar in the lobby.

To top it off, the staff was very friendly and helpful. This was my 3rd stay at this hotel. We used Marriott's rewards for the say, but if we had paid it would have been money well spent!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TelleSS
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and our team as much as you did. The entire team truly enjoys what they do and will be happy to know that you had such a great experience!

We look forward to providing you another great experience while staying with us for your 4th trip!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here back in January while in Cincinnati for business and I have no complaints. The lobby is warm and inviting (pretty fireplace and comfy sofas) and I wound up sitting there to answer emails when my meetings were finished. Before too long, someone came over and asked me if I'd like a drink or snack. I actually didn't as I needed to go up to my room at that point, but I was very impressed by the service. Later I popped down for dinner and there was a complimentary buffet and lots of socializing going on. I didn't stay very long because I knew I'd have to get up early the next morning to travel to the airport, but -- again -- it's just such a nice touch for the business traveler. The next morning at 4:15, I had trouble getting hot water, but since I had no meetings, just travel back to the east coast, I didn't worry too much. I did mention it to the fellow who checked me out, though, and he couldn't stop apologizing. By the time I got home, I'd received an email from the manager with yet another apology and a gift of Marriott points. All in all, this is why I stay at Marriott properties whenever possible. There is a consistency of service and quality which you don't always find with other hotel chains.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Casey128685
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel. I do apologize again for the hot water issue you experienced. Hot water is a basic of any hotel stay and we absolutely hold ourselves to a higher standard and I assure that the issue you experienced has been rectified. It is great to hear though that you found the other parts of your stay to be enjoyable including our service and our hotel amenities. We strive for perfection with each and every guest experience and I assure we will continue to push ourselves to provide that exceptional experience.

We hope when your travels bring you back to Cincinnati that you will once again choose to stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here for just one night on a short get-a-way to downtown Cincinnati. Hotel is VERY convenient to P&G, US Bank arena and Great American ballpark, but not as close to dining options as are other hotels. The Inn is fully equipped for an extended stay with suite, full kitchen, living area. The rooms are quite nice. Breakfast was adequate and typical for this type of hotel. Park across the street and just out the front door offers nice green space options if the weather cooperates. Staff was helpful and friendly (courteous, kind . . . for you former boy scouts). Will stay again if overnighting in downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Familyjourney5
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your suite to spacious, well quipped and that it met your needs. I am also very pleased that you found our team to be friendly, helpful and courteous! We take the service we provide to our guests very seriously and it is great to know we are still hitting the mark.

We hope to see you again on your next get-a-way.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Wow. Beautifully restored old building in a quieter, quaint section of Cincinnati. Walking distance to US Bank arena and baseball stadium. Across from Taft Museum. Stained glass in bar area - yes a bar! Beautiful rooms, better than average fitness room. Very friendly staff. Hands down best R.I but for a downtown hotel - I can't think of a nicer property for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank moonstream11
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel. The team is truly excited that you enjoyed the hotel and our service as much as you did. We assure your we won't let up and we will continue to push ourselves to provide this high level experience for each and every guest, each and every time.

Thank you!

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I just got back from staying here. I don't normally stay at Residence Inns so I didn't know what to expect. The hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was larger than I needed, clean and comfortable. The staff (everyone from the front desk, to the manager, to the bartender, to the breakfast staff to the doormen) were friendly and helpful. They really seemed happy on their jobs!

I agree that the location is a little off the beaten path. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I enjoyed the quiet, and lack of homeless people in my face. I did walk to Fountain Square and back twice. In daylight and mild weather that was fine. The location worked for my business meetings so this wasn't a downside at all to me. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lynn026
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for the rave review! Our goal is absolutely to exceed all guest expectations and I am glad we were able to accomplish that with your stay. Our staff truly enjoys what they do and it is exciting to hear that shined through.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!