“Great location, awesome customer care”

Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Rome, Italy
“Great location, awesome customer care”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had a great experience staying in this hotel for a business trip. The location is perfect, walking distance from everything. The rooms are very spacious and the fully equipped kitchen is really great.
Awesome customer care, best staff I ever met.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank my_little_snail
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank for the great review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear you found our suites to be spacious and well-appointed and that our customer service was the best you have ever received! I assure you we will keep up the great work.

We look forward to your next visit to Cincinnati.

david.meisner@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay here. Every person that worked during our stay here went the extra mile for my family. Brian in valet was wonderful. The front desk staff always welcomed us with smiles. The people who worked the breakfast area treated us like royalty . The special treats for our kids were an extra suprise. We don't travel often, but we will definitely be back to Cincinnati to visit our family. We wouldn't think about staying anywhere else. Thank you so much for making our trip to special!!

2 Thank julie b
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. It is very exciting to hear that you had such a great experience and that you found each member of the team willing to go the extra mile. I would have to agree that Brian is exceptional and that the rest of the Front Desk/Valet and Breakfast Team are amazing as well.

We definitely look forward to you returning to stay with us again!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel is excellent in every way. The rooms are spacious, the bed is really comfortable, and the overall hotel is clean and modern. In addition to the wonderful building, the staff is really outstanding. Everyone we encountered in our two days at the hotel was friendly, helpful, and professional. They really made you feel welcome in every way and provided assistance for any need. Overall the experience was excellent, we will definitely stay there next time in Cincinnati.

2 Thank Don D
Thank you for the outstanding review of our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you found our hotel to be excellent in every way! The entire team takes a great deal of pride in the service and product we provide for all of our guests and I can assure you we won't take our foot of the pedal!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cincinnati!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We chose this hotel because of the great reviews and were not disappointed. We were left with the impression that everyone at the hotel was actively trying to make our stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience. The rooms were nice and clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. We found the beds really comfortable, slept very well. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ja052018
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service the team provided and that you found our suites to be nice and clean. We too wished that you could have stayed longer!

We look forward to your next visit to Cincinnati!

Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I read so many good comments about this hotel, I had to try it.

I've never been so warmly welcomed to a hotel! The valet parking was flawless, I must admit to being a bit worried about parking. The parking valets were the best I've ever seen!

The entire staff made me feel welcomed and appreciated. The suite was spotlessly clean and the maid was very efficient.

Simply put, I loved my time here and look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Try for a river view!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank SSgt_Fury
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you loved your time with us and that our team truly made you feel welcomed and appreciated during your stay. I will also, share the great comments about our valet with my entire valet team, they are truly and amazing group of gentlemen and do so much to create a great first impression for our hotel.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next stay with us!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is our third time staying here and every time it has been wonderful. Hubby and I just down for a night, to go to Horseshoe and Red's game the next day. Greeted outside by Valet parking, inside at reception. Very personal and willing to help us. Had a nice room, could have had a better view, but we could stay there for a long time, all are suites with full kitchen. On Tuesday evenings they have a managers toast, with cheeses, crackers, cookies. yum. They have a nice bar, the Phelps Room open till midnight, tho we did not get back in time this time to use it.
They let us keep our car there thru Wednesday afternoon while we went to the game. They have umbrellas for use in the foyer. It is super close to the stadiums and The Banks, that has some great restaurants and hang outs. We will be back!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank madonna_45432
Thank you for the great review of the hotel. I am very happy to hear that we were able to for the third time create a great and memorable experience for you and your husband and absolutely look forward to the next stay with us!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly prior to you next stay and I would love to ensure you have a suite with a great view!

Powell, Ohio
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights along with our college age daughter for the Flying Pig Marathon 2013 weekend. We were astonished by how beautiful the hotel is as well as how wonderful everyone in the hotel treated us. From the moment we pulled up to the curb to the moment we walked out the door and drove away, everyone in the hotel greeted us with GENUINE kindness and smiles! I had booked a king suite but since our daughter ended up staying with us (she's a UC student and thought she might stay at her campus house, but when she saw the beautiful accommodations, she had a quick change of heart), we decided once we entered the room, due to our visit and needing a good nights rest to race the next day, we would need two queens. We called down to the desk and they immediately found us a 2 bedroom with 2 Kings and brought us up our new keys!! I was so thrilled not to have to sleep in a queen with my hubby because hotel queen beds feel like twin beds especially when you are exhausted....Plus added bonus, our daughter got her own bedroom and bath!! We could of stayed here for at least a week, if not longer!! The rooms are very clean and comfortable which was so wonderful for a great nights sleep prior to our big race day and afterwards exhausted!! The entire staff was welcoming and kind...they encouraged us as we left for the race, praised us as we returned, and bent over backwards to make us feel welcome! I can't say enough about every employee. The valet parking was so speedy, I think they could of won the marathon! The location is perfect and our walk was a perfect quick warmup for our race! The only issue was the front desk at check in told us breakfast buffet didn't open until 7 either Saturday or Sunday. They did have water, coffee, fruit, bagels and yogurt bright and early Sunday AND Saturday they did have the entire breakfast open stocked full hot ready to eat by 7am for us...I just wish I would of went a few minutes earlier as I'm sure they had things ready...instead we rushed and ate real quickly on our way out the door! All in all....food was great....NO complaints at all! The best hotel experience....and my husband travels on business quite often! We've stayed at several upscale hotels and The Residence Inn Cincy outshines them with their true hospitality, kindness and accommodations!
Thank you so very much for a wonderful birthday/marathon weekend! I tried to book for next years race just now, but the web site only books thru April 2014!! Will check back next month!! See y'all maybe sooner...I hope!! :)

Room Tip: Our rooms were very quiet...we felt as if we had the hotel to ourselves! Room 407!
1 Thank KHHey6
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel. We are ecstatic to hear that you not only enjoyed the spacious two bedroom suite but that you found our entire hotel team to kind and welcoming. We truly look to create a unique and memorable experience for each and every guest and I am very excited to hear that we were able to accomplish that.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2014 for the next Flying Pig Marathon if not sooner!