I totally agree with all the positive reviews of this hotel. It was just as good as we expected. The staff could not have been more hospitable and helpful. We spent four nights there and I hated to leave! Our one bedroom suite was spacious and had lots of room to relax in.
The only reason I did not give this five stars was the thermostat in our room wouldn’t cool below 72 degrees. We (I) like to sleep in a room cooled like a meat locker so I woke up warm several times. No matter what you set the thermostat on it maintained a consistent 72 degrees, which was perfectly comfortable during the day, but for us, not so much at night.
We arrived on a Saturday and were able to get on street parking through the weekend but Monday and Tuesday we valet parked ($22 a day) because we needed to be able to get our car in and out. Valet parking attendants were friendly and fast. If you call from your room your car will be out front waiting for you upon your arrival in the lobby.
We also enjoyed the outside courtyard. We had friends come to the hotel to see us and it was extremely pleasant to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sound of the fountain while we visited.
The Phelps Building, which dates back to 1926 and now houses the Residence Inn, has an interesting background. Pick up one of the booklets in the lobby telling you the history of the building and be sure to walk across the street to Lytle Park and spend some time relaxing on the park benches and people watching.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Phelps Building in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's business district, Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps is an extended-stay Cincinnati hotel that blends old-world splendor with modern amenities. Come stay with us and enjoy our comfortable accommodations, whether you're traveling for business or for pleasure. Our Cincinnati extended-stay hotel is an all-suite hotel featuring free daily breakfast, a fitness center, complimentary Wi-Fi, a business center and meeting rooms, and an ideal location close to Downtown Cincinnati's top businesses and attractions. Great American Ballpark, Jack Cincinnati Casino, Duke Energy Convention Center, and more are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Hotel Cincinnati
- Residence Inn By Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps Ohio