“Home Away from Home”

Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I totally agree with all the positive reviews of this hotel. It was just as good as we expected. The staff could not have been more hospitable and helpful. We spent four nights there and I hated to leave! Our one bedroom suite was spacious and had lots of room to relax in.

The only reason I did not give this five stars was the thermostat in our room wouldn’t cool below 72 degrees. We (I) like to sleep in a room cooled like a meat locker so I woke up warm several times. No matter what you set the thermostat on it maintained a consistent 72 degrees, which was perfectly comfortable during the day, but for us, not so much at night.

We arrived on a Saturday and were able to get on street parking through the weekend but Monday and Tuesday we valet parked ($22 a day) because we needed to be able to get our car in and out. Valet parking attendants were friendly and fast. If you call from your room your car will be out front waiting for you upon your arrival in the lobby.

We also enjoyed the outside courtyard. We had friends come to the hotel to see us and it was extremely pleasant to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sound of the fountain while we visited.

The Phelps Building, which dates back to 1926 and now houses the Residence Inn, has an interesting background. Pick up one of the booklets in the lobby telling you the history of the building and be sure to walk across the street to Lytle Park and spend some time relaxing on the park benches and people watching.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DearDona
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great value for money, large studios with kitchen, full size fridge, comfortable beds, quiet -and the best- very close to the P&G headquarters :) especially useful when the cold Cincinnati wind makes its presence felt. And it does, quite often.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AdiPanait
Reviewed 28 June 2013

As a consistent traveler to Cincinnati, I have to say that this has been my very best hotel experience out of all my visits here. I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am and not only did they have a room ready but they gave me an upgraded room free of charge. My room was perfectly clean, roomy and comfortable. The service here is impeccable and the staff is some of the friendliest I've encountered in all my travel. I will make this Residence Inn my only hotel for all future stays in Cincinnati.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jzackary
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We spent several nights at this hotel. The staff greeted you every time you came through the door. The room in the 2 bedroom unit we were in was fresh and spacious. The breakfast was exceptionally well done for a 'free breakfast.' It was more like a restaurant meal with waffles, excellent scrambled eggs, juice yogurt and fruit. The cooks who prepared the food and the staff who bussed the tables showed pride in what they do. The people who worked the valet service and who did concierge were helpful and courteous. The front desk staff were helpful and they involved the manager when unusual things were required. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every respect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen-472
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great location, rooms, lobby and patios. Very friendly staff for the most part with the exception of one more junior valet/ bellman who appeared to be a tad off task.
I would highly recommend the hotel and I can see why it's ranked number 1.
Very safe location and close to everything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roadrunner55
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were so amazed by the way these people went above and beyond in every facet of their jobs! The valet, the people working the breakfast room, the front desk, everyone was so friendly and eager to help out. It was awesome! I don't know where they found so many kind people but it was a great stay and if we are in Cincy again this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Ignore my room service click, we didn't get any but i couldnt "unclick" it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heidi R
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Heidi,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found our team to be amazing. We truly have a great group of people hear at the hotel that just wants to make our guests happy and I am very happy to hear that you felt that way.
We look for to your next trip to Cincinnati and getting another chance to wow you!

David Meisner
david.meisner@marriott.com

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as a weekend get away. The staff were very helpful in suggesting things to do and made sure we were happy with our room. Each room has complimentary wi-if which was nice and they had a wonderful breakfast each morning. We were not aware that the hotel offered the free breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised. The location is great. We walked every where and it was very easy to get to newport either by trolley or walking via the purple people bridge. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank aramirezIndianapolis

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am excited to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and the complimentary amenities we offer to be enjoyable. It is also great to hear that you found it easy to get to the main attractions in the city from the hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

David Meisner
david.meisner@marriott.com

Travellers also viewed these Cincinnati hotels
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
#16 of 51 in Cincinnati
Cincinnatian Hotel
Cincinnatian Hotel
#18 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps? Share your experiences!