Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$186
Hotels.com
US$187
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
US$87
Travelocity
US$387
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barlytle parktaft museumfire pitvalet parkingfull kitchenone bedroom suiteohio riverbank arenabaseball stadiumbreakfast staffgreat american ballparkapartment buildingreds gamerooms are spaciouswalking distancebeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

While this hotel isn't the best in terms of facilities (rooms), the service, attitude, and friendliness more than makes up the difference.

We could not believe how warmly we were greeted at the front door, by the bell staff, at the front desk, and even when we got our evening drink. My wife and I continue to talk about how nice everyone seemed to be. It was as if we were being welcomed into a private home or bed and breakfast.

The valet and bell staff was efficient.

The room seemed clean, yet a tad dated.

The morning set up for breakfast was fantastic.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeithAHall
Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had originally booked an apartment/condo through TripAdvisor in Cincinnati for my group of 5 that was coming together from NJ, Dayton and Indiana. I had wanted a condo for the simple fact that we were spending Easter Sunday together and knew that not a lot of things would be open so we would be spending time together as a family and I wanted to cook a home cooked meal for my son who is in the AF in Dayton ( one of who I was visiting). Also some in our group were meeting for the first time and I wasn't sure how close quarters of a hotel would work....HOWEVER....the condo owner called me en route to my drive to OHIO and told me that his property was uninhabitable due to unforeseen circumstances....this ended up being our alternative. I had my doubts at first as it was NOT at all what I had it mind, however THIS Residence Inn was top notch. I did have some issues with housekeeping but management and front desk personnel reacted immediately, rectified the situation and of course, compensated with a customer friendly gesture....what more can someone ask for? Breakfast was wonderful, staff was incredibly friendly and room had everything one could ask for or need. The hotel itself is decorated beautifully, the bar, lounges and rooftop bar are tasteful and you will find many comfortable areas to relax both indoors and out. I didn't love the city of Cincinnati for several reasons but thats for a different review, LOL, but this property made up for it!!

Room Tip: I had the two bedroom suite which included a pull out sofa so that 5-6 can be accommodated
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PrincipessaGG
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The staff welcomed us from the time we walked in the door every one was very accomidating, A Big Big thanks to the Front desk staff Lauren, Gabrielle, and paige. Valet Dave , Brian, Maintenace Big Ken!!!!, and last but not least The breakfast crew Tony, Debbie, and Tasha. The hotel was in an excellent location minutes away from every thing , 3 min away from kentucky.
the roof top experience was so inviting. I would recomend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank elaine p
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband & I decided to make a weekend trip to Cincinnati for the Rays/Reds series. Originally, we had planned on making the drive from Indianapolis on Saturday morning, so we had only booked Saturday night and pre-paid for the room. We decided last minute (as in about 5 hours last minute) that we were going drive to Cincinnati on Friday night instead. We called the hotel to see if we would be able to check-in a day early and they were SUPER friendly and accommodating, making the change in reservation quick & easy for us! We arrived at about 9:00 on Friday night & were greeted by 2 very friendly valet team members, one who parked our car & one who unloaded our bag & cooler & carried it inside to the front desk for us. Danielle was the front desk attendant who was just as friendly & helpful as the valet gentlemen. She quickly checked us in & was sure to inform us that the room type (studio) we had originally booked for the following day was unavailable, so she upgraded us for BOTH nights to a one bedroom suite. Not to mention, she had linked the two reservations so that we would not have to switch rooms the following day. Danielle was then kind enough to show us the breakfast area & walk us to the elevator. Our room on the 4th floor was absolutely HUGE with a full kitchen, desk area, living room area with a pull-out couch bed, & then the bathroom was inside of the bedroom area. The view was nothing to write home about, BUT, we also did not request a view so we weren't going to complain! After dropping off our bags, we immediately went to the roof top bar to unwind. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, but there were heat lamps scattered throughout the roof top area for guests that may have felt a little chill. There were several tables as well as several love seats and a very large sitting area around a fire pit. We took a seat at a table overlooking the baseball stadium so that we could watch the fireworks after the night game, which were spectacular. There were cocktail servers walking around taking drink & appetizer orders so we didn't even have to go up to the bar (although we certainly could have if we had wanted to). The night view was beautiful & we took advantage of the setting until last call around 11 PM. After last call, we decided to try our luck at the Horseshoe casino so we went back down to the lobby & asked Danielle to call us a taxi. Lo & behold, we found out that the casino offers a complimentary shuttle from the hotel so we definitely felt lucky that we did not have to pay for a cab. Danielle called for the shuttle, & within 5 minutes, it had arrived and much to our surprise, it was a LIMO BUS. Talk about riding around the city in style for free!

On both Saturday & Sunday mornings, we took advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast at the hotel & it was delicious! The team members worked very hard to make sure that there was plenty of food, coffee, and juice for the amount of people that were present. We enjoyed a large fresh fruit plate, as well as scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potatoes with peppers & onions, & (on Sunday) biscuits & gravy. Pancakes were available on Saturday & there was a Belgian waffle station available every day, although we did not try it & I have no idea why as it looked & smelled so inviting! Among other things, there was a variety of cereal, oatmeal toppings, yogurt, & breads to choose from. I thought the coffee was delicious & was quite excited when I learned that flavored creamer was offered as well as the traditional milk and sugar. We sat in the dining room, which overlooked the beautiful patio area, but there were also seating options in the lobby which overlapped the bar area. I guess food could be ordered at the bar as well, but with all of the food choices outside of the hotel we did not visit (or eat at) the lobby bar while we were there.

While the hotel is not in the middle of all of the action, its location suited us just fine. It was across the street from a beautiful park & down the street from the Taft House. It was a very easy walk to the Great American Ball Park for the baseball games & we even enjoyed a little longer walk one morning along the Riverfront, which was also easily accessible. We were visiting with friends who were staying at a different hotel, which was in the heart of the shopping/bars/restaurants district & although we were able to make the walk back to our hotel with no problems, in retrospect we probably should have taken a cab since the streets were not overly crowded from that particular area to the hotel. But, having that said, we saw MANY cabs along the streets & I'm sure a cab ride back to the hotel would have been extremely reasonable.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for the superior amenities, outstanding service, & wonderful ambiance. This was our first trip to Cincinnati & we are sure that we will NEVER stay anyplace else! We loved the location as it was within close proximity to the ball park, riverfront, & bridges into Kentucky (which you can walk, which we did) & the views from the roof top bar cannot be beat in both daylight & the nighttime as well. Although some may say that it is expensive, we felt that it was very fairly priced considering the location & amenities. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends