“My "Go To" Steak Place”

Tony's Of Cincinnati
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Of Cincinnati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,961 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fields Ertel
dayton ohio
“My "Go To" Steak Place”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Of all foods, I am rather critical when it comes to Steak and have eaten in most of the best places in Ohio/across the country. Some better-known steak places serve, in my opinion, pretty average steaks. That is not the case here. The food quality alone makes Tony's a top-notch restaurant. When you add in the impressive service, this is one of the best in Cincinnati, if not the entire state. Wish a steak and lobster-tail option had a permanent place on the menu, but that would be my only suggestion for improvement.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank goohiostate
Tony R, Public Relations Manager at Tony's Of Cincinnati, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really do strive to not only serve a memorable meal, but to show you how much we care by our service. I am glad we accomplished this mission!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Believe it our not: for us it is the best stake in town”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and i go to Toni's on a regular basis. Basically whenever we feel like a great piece of meat. For us it is the best NY strip and filet Mignon in Cincinnati. We know that here every one talks about Jeff Rubbies and te Presict but for us there is no doubt: Toni's beats them everytime.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SwissTraveler1977
Charleston, West Virginia
“Great food, wine, and service!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Overall a great experience here. I had the salmon and my friend had the sea bass. Both seafood entrees were delicious and the Brussel sprouts were a killer side dish! Our server (Jay) was very attentive and took wonderful care of us. The first wine I selected came to the table and was not the vintage listed on the menu so I wanted to pick a different one. The manager, David, was able to recommend another one that we may like so we trusted his judgement and we were pleased. My only negative comment here is that the wine is substantially over priced. The wine list is good but very pricey. I would definitely recommend Tony's for business or pleasure. Great food, excellent service, and employees that want to please the customers.

• Visited July 2013
Loveland, Ohio
“Always a great time”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times but the calendar led us here 3 times in 5 weeks. No complaints at all. Every visit was different but amazing. Happy hour at the bar is a great weeknight treat. Fun food menu is super and prices are nice. Main dining room with friends or a date night is always top notch. Live music on weekends is so fun. Everyone on the floor makes you feel like you are their only concern. We will be back again and again.

Visited June 2013
ohio
“first time - good, not great, experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We recently dined at Tony's on a Tuesday evening for our anniversay (which was noted at the time we made our reservation on Open Table). We arrived a bit early so we had a drink at the bar and noted that almost everyone in the bar area was having a meal; and everyone was in a great mood.
When decided to be seated, we took our drinks with us (we had about 1/2 drink remaining in our cocktail glasses). The hostess seated us and we sat and waited to be noticed and given our menus; we waited for about 12 minutes and finally asked one of the bussers about our waiter; we said we didn't know who he/she was. Our waiter promptly came over and somewhat haughtily apologized saying that when he saw that we had drinks, he thought someone else was taking care of us, yet he admitted he didn't check it out. He noticed that his comment/explanation didn't sit to well with us, and he stumbled some and quickly dropped his somewhat arrogant tone. He told us that he would provide a dessert for us to share as his way of making things right. We didn't respond and simply took the menus. My husband was not pleased with his explanation or his attempt to resolve the problem. We decided that we wanted to focus on our celebration so we checked out both the food and wine menus. We were anxious to try their steaks as we love a good steak; we grill them often and pride ourselves in duplicating a steak worthy of a great Steakhouse experience. We also like to dine out at great Steakhouses, both in Cincinnati and during our travels. Jeff Ruby's restaurants (especially the Precinct) do Cincinnati proud and we have for years celebrated our anniversary with them; not only do we enjoy the food but also the service and attention paid to "special occasion" diners. However, this year, because of friend's recommendation, we decided to dine at Tony's. Happily, our meal did not disappoint. I had one of the best Greek salad's I have ever had and my filet was cooked just right. My husband likes filet tenderloin but his favorite is a NY Strip; he has not ordered one in recent years at any of the Ruby's because he felt the steaks weren't trimmed well and weren't as good we could actually cook at home. After talking with our server, he decided to order the strip steak and he said it was "fabulous" - well trimmed, seasoned and very tender. We had a nice bottle of wine and enjoyed our meal. After dinner we were too full for dessert, so our server boxed up a slice of cheesecake for us to take home. The cheesecake was very plain - no sauce or fruit and just average in taste.
Sadly our anniversary was never acknowledged by anyone - except by the hostess who yelled "Happy Anniversary" as we walking out the door!! I would think that a place like Tony's would cater to "special occasion" diners. Tony did stop by our table while we were dining; we chose not to tell him of our waiters blunder as we didn't want to ruin our celebration.
For a Tuesday evening, the restaurant was very busy; all the servers and bussers were kept moving!
One last mention - the wine we ordered was 40 dollars a bottle; a week later at another very nice restaurant (in another town), we got the same wine for 23 dollars a bottle. Retail we can purchase the wine for $13 -15 dollars a bottle.

• Visited May 2013