“Great and comfy”

Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we were visiting to see a concert. The hotel is very easy to get to and near shopping and restaurants. It was also a quick 15 min drive to Riverbend Park. The room was pretty big and the king bed was very comfortable. My husband and I both slept great! The only down side was hearing people slam doors at 6am. But other then that, it was a great stay. We plan to stay here again, the next time we visit!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2007

I called and reserved the room 3 months ahead for a AAA price of $53.99 which was a bargain for July 4th weekend...I put it on my credit card 2 months ahead and verified the price 2 days before our trip. The front desk girl refused to honor the price and I had to have the manager called in who nicely said ok...Then she said we couldn't have a smoking room (which i verified 3 times before the trip) and she finally said we had one...I argued at the fromt desk for an hour and was displeased with this when I had this on my credit card 2 months ahead and we were there by 3pm. The hotel was nice except that the room had double beds which my 9 year old graddaughter and I had trouble sleeping on the small bed..The continental breakfast was good but extremely crowded...The inoor pool was nice and the location was great, but I have never had trouble with the price @ a comfort Inn before when reserved with a credit card...When checking out, the front desk was unmanned and I had to yell "hello" for 30 minutes to get checked out.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank DebraLynn
Reviewed 21 June 2007

This is the third time my parents stayed at this hotel (they don't have internet so I am writing for them). While it is very convenient to all the places they need to go, the room itself was disappointing. They stayed 6 nights and after the 3rd night had to ask that the sheets get changed. The staff asked him why he thought they had not been changed and he referrenced the same nasty spot in the sheet for three nights!

While this hotel is priced economically, which most people are looking for, this hotel should not disregard basic cleanliness. I will ensure that I set my parents up in another hotel next time. The third time broke the camel's back.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 10 March 2007

Stayed 3-7,8-07 Stay far, far away!
Trash on the floor in the main hallway stayed there for the 2 days I was there. The room was filthy, crumbs all over the floor, candy wrappers in the dresser draws, sticky spots on the desk top and coffee table. The inside AND outside of the microwave had yellow globs of soft goo on it. The room hall light didn't work
The first day there was no hot water, only luke warm.
No coffee for the coffee maker. No conditioner. Turd stains in the toilet bowl. The couch had been used for a trampoline or somthing, the cushions were smashed down so far into the frame you couldn't even sit on it. The pull-out bed frame was so twisted and bent it couldn't even be pulled out.
What a dump!
I'll try the Hampton Inn down the street next time.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2006

After having spent the last two nights in a charming but dated Best Western and a seedy Microtel, this place was a welcome respite.
The only problem I had was being given a very smokey smoking room when I had booked a non. That issue was quickly resolved.
The room was clean, quiet and relatively large.
The hotel is close to many restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank 2TubMan
Reviewed 18 July 2006

We had an excellent stay at this hotel, I believe the reviewer from Fredericktown with a bad experience is blaming the hotel for other guests' actions (wedding party guests & the teenagers) which doesn't reflect the hotel's comfort level, amenities, or cleanliness. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and they all have a little noise, as do apartments or townhomes, I personally felt it was very quiet and feel this reviewer is exaggerating. A few bad apples can scar your stay at any hotel, even Westin & Marriot, which as happened to me in the past, but I don't let it lower my rating of the hotel because of a few bad apples. Back to the hotel, the rooms are large, clean, and packed with everything you could want, we also enjoyed the indoor heated pool and the continental breakfast was great w/ do-it-yourself Belgium waffles, cereals, pastries and juices.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank toology
Reviewed 24 October 2005

This place has serious noise problems. Rooms do not block any sound from halls, upper rooms, or parking lot. You can hear every door slam, cars in parking lot, guests in the next room and upstairs. We also had wedding party return after midnight disrupting the entire hotel with drunkenness, domestic dispute, and heavy marajuana odors. There was also a group of teenagers with a foreign sporting group that were running the halls all night. Their chaperones should have been contacted by management. After many complaints, threats to call police, verbal abuse of other hotel guests by these unruly groups, police were finally called. We were with a group that had nine rooms for 2 nights, our infants were woken repeatedly, and none of us got any sleep. Guests from all nine rooms complained. Management apologized but so far has done nothing to compensate us for this nightmare. I wouldn'tvrecommend this hotel to anyone. This was the worst hotel experience we've ever had.

5  Thank uhunter2