“Management need to spot check rooms”

Motel 6 Cincinnati Central-Norwood
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Management need to spot check rooms”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed the for 4 days due to a funeral. 1st room it was non smoking but had a ashtray and the blanket looked as if a bunch of dirty feet children was jumping on the bed. Changed rooms,cleaner bur had smome holes in the damn blankets. Still non smoking but had an ashtray. No extra tiles until housekeeping gets in at 10am. Must do better.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We checked in, saw a cockroach in our room, and checked out. I know it can be hard to control pests once you have a problem, but we were grossed out. Also, the nonsmoking room smelled like smoke. We couldn't stand to stay in another Motel 6 for our entire 2-week road trip after this.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lindalouwho72
Frederick
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked here because it was close to the venue (Casino, separate review) to see a concert and because we only needed a few hours in it to sleep. It was listed as an "updated property' and they may have done some landscaping but the inside is butt ugly. The room had rumpled contact paper on the floor which was meant to simulate wood flooring, the lampshade beside the t.v. was torn and bent, the bed cover had multiple cig burns on it and the remote didn't work. The bed, surprisingly was firm and comfy and I slept well before having to drive 8 hours back. I don't know it that was because I was so exhausted or because the bed was new. The entrance to this place is weird too, and if you blink you'll miss the sharp, unlighted turn that goes uphill to the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cincinnati Central-Norwood, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear travelkitty50
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Ontario, California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

So it's a Motel 6 - they're made for a bed and a shower, both of which were acceptable. We came up to Cincinnati for the weekend to see the Dodgers before the end of the season; this was the closest Motel 6 to downtown. We arrived on a Friday night around 10PM and our room was ready for us.

Upon waking up the next morning, I realized that they had charged me for 2 adults, when it was just myself and my 9 year old. I called the front desk and girl was VERY rude and said that it was the managers discretion because I had a room with 2 beds in it. So I called Motel 6 corporate and now I will be getting a refund for the extra money that I was charged. Although it was only like $7, it's just the fact that they did not care about my concern.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank SoCalC8
Gibbstown, NJ
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Key point to keep in mind is the cost paid....less than $40/nt. I stayed in room 109 (photos attached) in the middle of November. The room was quiet, everything worked, it was clean and well serviced each day. Keep in mind the car is parked outside your door, so if you don’t want to hear cars starting in the morning then request a room not at ground level. And bring your shampoo, because the room only has soap.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank BillW73
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Clerk was too busy flirting with a local fellow to remember to plug in my wake-up call and I overslept wake-up time, throwing the rest of my very important morning into compete dissaray. The lobby rug I tripped on twice, and I saw others trip on it, yet, it was never repositioned or taken up. Just gross negligence of duty at the desk.

Note back from corporate management was just "Too bad - So Sad" boilerplate.

Add to this a recent lousy stay in Jacksonville, and Motel 6 is now off of my list. Was a loyal customer, too.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank montanahornplayer
Indianapolis
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Very nice and quite rooms. Close to downtown but far enough away

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MPROBST1946
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#33 of 51 in Cincinnati
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati East - Beechmont
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reagan Highway
Quality Inn & Suites Cincinnati Downtown

Been to Motel 6 Cincinnati Central-Norwood? Share your experiences!