“This is the best Chinese food I have found in a long time.”

Uncle Yip's Seafood
Ranked #155 of 2,006 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Uncle Yip's serves the finest authentic southern Chinese cuisine possible. Cantonese, Thai, Hunan, Sichuan Dim Sum and seafood is on the menu. Twin lobster along with dinner specials are favorites (ask your server or check the board for special foods). Dim sum along with push carts are a favorite for weekend brunches. Catering and special reservations for parties are available. We offer a full bar with a wide selection of Asian beers and are centrally located in a plaza on Reading Road across from Sports Plus next to the Speedway gas station. Come check us out.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I grew up in New York and finding good Chinese food there was never a challenge. But after moving to the Southeast many years ago the only Chinese food you find there is at buffet style restaurants and not very good. I travel frequently to my company's main office in Blue Ash and was introduced to Uncle Yip's by some coworkers. I have been hooked since the first time I had lunch there about a year ago. Each time I am in the area I make sure to stop in for lunch or dinner. Nothing fancy atmosphere wise but good Chinese food at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank msmintn

Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you are a fan of authentic Chinese Dim Sum, and are looking for something on the weekends, this is the place to be.
Great assortment of shumai, fish balls, and others. Not to mention, you are served from a cart as soon as you sit down - no menu, just the serving cart.
Desserts including mochi, Taro and coconut cake also make this a worthwhile destination.
Great spot.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was traveling through Cincinnati and was looking for someplace interesting to eat at. A search turned up Uncle Yip's Seafood. I've had lots of dim sum, but this is truly one of the best. I had 8-10 different types, along with some great jasmine tea. My sweetheart and I tried pig intestine, tripe, shark fin dumplings, pork and shrimp shu mai, steamed beef wrapped in noodle, shrimp stuffed mushrooms, roast pork and sticky rice wrapped in banana leaf. The place was filled with Chinese, which is usually a good sign. The service was great, and I thought that for the price, it was a great value. There's also a menu full of items if you don't want to try the dim sum. Anyone close should give this wonderful restaurant a try. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Uncle Yip's was a family staple for us when our kids were little. It moved up to Fairfield and too far to do a quick dinner or pick up. I recently heard it was back and as fabulous as ever, and so far we agree! The menu is very authentic (much is written in Chinese) and the options are endless. I love the chicken and eggplant in garlic sauce and the eggrolls are tasty and not oily. We did a carry-out this past Sunday night, which took a long time as we realized they were so busy with dim sum carts all over. I think we'll try that another time.