“Captivating and Spectacular!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Captivating and Spectacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was invited to the dress rehersal and world premiere of "Camelot". The perfomaces, set, costumes and music (The Cincinnati Symphony) was just captivating. The Cincinnati Ballet is one of the best ballet companies in the US and I can see why! Yet another reason Im so proud of my hometown!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

King Arthur's Camelot was great theater, a Broadway caliber production, fabulous music which continues to haunt your mind (with the CSO in the pit--couldn't be better) and chorography by Victoria Morgan that was exciting and moving. A triumph for Cincinnati Ballet

Winston Salem, North Carolina
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“The best in the US”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Is this the best ballet in the US? It is clearly my favorite and the only comparison I have to NY is a drab Nutcracker in 2012 so I can't judge but I'll tell you the dancers are fresh and beautiful and clearly love their work.

Evergreen, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A night at the BALLET.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Cincinnati Ballet is celebrating their 50th anniversary!

My seats or in the Loge Row D on the side I was concerned if I would be able to see. I was blessed no one sat in front of me and I saw just fine A great overall view of the whole stage.

It was a world premiere of Camelot. I must say I have never seen any Ballet like this ever before.

There was a lot of creative innovative things I have never seen done before on stage with the ballet company.

The music was powerful and dynamic and the orchestra fantastic. The dancers performed well.

The costumes were extremely creative. Dancers would not be able to dance in armor. I like how Sandra Woodall made strips that made it look like armor around the men's tights.

Personally I would've liked to have seen a classical pas de deux with Guenevere & Sir Lancelot. Just my thoughts though.

I am glad I was able to see this production I was very curious what it may be like.

Louisville, Kentucky
197 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Camelot.... A Fantastical Masterpiece”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I will admit that I may have a bit of an obsession when it comes to things of the Arthurian persuasion. I have read all of the books. I have watched the movies... more times than I dare to take note. I have even traveled across the Great Pond to visit sites in Cornwall and Glastonbury that pertain to Arthurian legends. Yes, I think this all qualifies as an obsession.

So it is with great anticipation that I climb the steps at the beautiful Aranoff Center in downtown Cincinnati. At this moment, I have no idea that I am about to be transported so deep into the realms of Camelot that I will regret not wearing flowers in my hair.

This is a very special night, as that it happens to take place during the grand celebration of the Cincinnati Ballet's 50th year. As if this accolade is not enough, this is not just the opening of King Arthur's Camelot, but it is the World Premiere.

I typically find the right words very quickly, but I actually find myself struggling to provide the description that this production deserves. However, a string of single words spring forth immediately. Brilliant. Breathtaking. Dramatic. Unforgettable.

The designs are completely inspirational. The sets by Joe Tilford, the lighting by Trad A. Burns, the costumes by Sandra Woodall, and the projections by John Boesche produce a stunning, realistic backdrop to this remarkable tale. The ease of immersion into this fantasy world is unbelievable.

The principal roles of King Arthur (Cervillo Miguel Amador), Guinivere (Janessa Touchet), Lancelot (Patric Palkens), Mordred (Rodrigo Almarales), and Merlin (Liang Fu) are beautifully cast, and the choreography by Victoria Morgan electrifies the entire stage with its passionate prose.

The scene of Guinevere and Lancelot's betrayal, culminating in burning at the stake, is completely heart-wrenching. The emotion is so high that one can actually feel it pulsating throughout the entire theater.

RUN to the box office to purchase tickets, or you may also do so online for your added convenience. You may also visit the Cincinnati Ballet to view upcoming productions.