“Amazing!”

Add it.
Tan Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I normally don't write reviews but I had to make an exception for this restaurant as it completely exceeded my expectations. Coming from NYC, I was expecting this restaurant be completely mediocre at best and was hesitant to stop here. However, after a long road trip, I needed some food in my system so boyfriend and I decided to grab dinner here. I got the pad see ew with beef and loved it. Boyfriend got thai fried rice and loved his entree as well. I snuck some of his fried rice when he got up to use the restroom and I have to say that it was amaaazinngggg (I might have ate more than half of his order but who's keeping count?). I normally don't like ordering fried rice at restaurants because it's something that I can easily eat at home but I have to say that Tan Thai's was was better than my mom's (we'll keep this a secret and NEVER tell her). Dinner at Tan Thai's was definitely one of the more memorable moments of our road trip. I'd definitely stop by again if I'm ever in the area.

1  Thank Jeanie C

Reviewed 16 December 2013

A co-worker and I ate lunch at Tan Thai today. I have to say I'm extremely disgusted with the service, and the food. When we arrived I ordered the Teriyaki Chicken with a spice level of 3. The food had no spice at all, and the flavor was very poor. That wasn't the worst part about it. I found a long black hair embedded in my rice. I have brown hair with blond highlights. It definitely was not mine.

I showed the waiter my plate, and he removes it without apologizing. I didn't want to cause a scene and embarrass my co-worker so I took a new plate. (Of course, inspecting the plate for any additional hairs.) Then my co-worker finds a curly black hair in her food, and she's a blond. No issues there since the hair was NOT hers.

Needless to say, we both lost our appetites. The waiter did however bless me with a bill. He said I owed him since I accepted the second plate. Again no apologies for giving me a hairy meal. I will never eat at this disgusting place again, and I will make sure other friends and co-workers skip it too. I paid the bill, and I let the owner know I would make sure all of my friends, family, and co-workers would know to stay away from this place.

1  Thank Shannon L
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I ate at Tan Thai for lunch today. It was top notch. We started with spring rolls, which were run of the mill. For lunch I had yellow curry with chicken. It was very, very good. I asked for a level 5 heat (hottest possible) and to me it was somewhat spicy. But I love hot food. Next time I'll tell them 7.

They brought us a free post-dinner treat of some milk-based liquid with pumpkin pieces. While that may sound odd (I sure thought it did), it was excellent!

The place is somewhat small but has a tastefully decorated interior. Atmosphere was good, better than expected by looking at the plain exterior.

All in all I was very happy and plan on going back again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The restaurant was absolutely lovely, beautiful decorations. We thought the lady who waited on us delightful as well. We both had the crispy Pad Thai, one with pork and the other with chicken. We ordered a "three" on the hotness scale and thought it not hot at all. The dish had lots of flavor and we totally enjoyed our dinners. We also had pot stickers, plum wine and Asian beer, all yummy. Wednesday nights special was the second entrée at half price.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Reminds me of my favorite Thai restaurant in California. Don't know why I waited so long to try this place, but I will definitely be back.