“Great BAR!!! Not A Restaurant !”
Review of Japp's

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great BAR!!! Not A Restaurant !”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have longed to try Japps for months! I have read about it in several publications. I followed all the advice .. went on a Tuesday and went early. In fact - my friend and I showed up right at opening time! My only disappointment was that they serve no food. BUT .. Dave the mixologist behind the bar that night said it was A - OK to bring food in. So my buddy and I went 2 doors down and got some hoagies and brought them back. We seated ourselves at the bar of course!!! Dave inquired about what I like to drink and I gave him permission to "surprise me"! And I loved his special cocktail made just for me .. in fact I had 2 of them !! He did the same for my friend too. The atmosphere is fun, funky and vintage. I loved all the original light fixtures and signs etc. Japps truely is a gem and if I lived in the neighborhood - Im sure Id be a regular! Great prices too !

• Visited June 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Fun place for a night on the town”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This place was very popular on a Saturday night. It has a great 1920’s vibe in the décor. For a bar, there was plenty of seating which is always welcomed when you are in high heels. You can go here casual or business casual. The smoking area is tiny so beware if your group smokes a lot. Good place for casual drinks and conversations.

• Visited November 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Best atmosphere in Cinci!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I recently went to Japp's for the first time and was absolutely thrilled I did so.
The atmosphere is different in comparison to the majority of the neighboring establishments in the area which is what I look for when traveling to a different city.
Great drink, and the music selection was superb.

• Visited November 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Martini/cocktail (like we call in in Europe) place in Cinci”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Here is an other of my best off reviews. If you are into cocktails and especially very goof ones go to Japp's. All their staff are super expert "mixologists" and will male you the best cocktail ever. Please do me (and them) a favor and don' t ask for the standard stuff. Just tell them what you like and let them create. My advice is go early i.e. before 9pm so you get all the attention you deserve, the place gets crowded with kids i.e. 21 year olds later around 11pm. Enjoy, you wont regret it.
PS. They have a live jazz band friday from 6 to 8 it is great too!

Lausanne, Switzerland
“A unique place for after dinner drinks and dance”
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

This bar and connected dance hall are a unique retro spot in Cincinnati where a crowd of all ages can really have fun and have a lounge style cocktail evening or go next door for some retro dance music. The staff are talented and professional mixologists who can suggest a drink based on the mood and preference of drink you tell them. The decor is beautiful since it has retained the antique furniture from the original wig salon it used to be, like an old apothecary style. It is the new "in" place in over the Rhine district.

• Visited May 2013