“Awesome atmosphere”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located on the corner of 7th & Race Street, Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

During our stay, we wanted to go somewhere that was unique to that area. We actually took our kids (11 & 7). The waiter was very good having the orders adjusted for our two picky eaters. The food was very good... Basic pub food... Hamburgers and fish sandwiches. They had live music which was very exciting. It was a relaxing scene. Give it a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I stopped in looking to try somewhere new. The atmosphere was very relaxing with a jazz band playing next to the bar. We both ordered the steak medallions and they are amazing. I am not much of a steak person but they were one of the best that I have had. Service was great and prices were reasonable. We will be back!

1  Thank Lauralee1391
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The new location is much better than the old one - great space for this type of establishment.

Went with a party of 9 friends. We were seated quickly, but our waitress had a little trouble being as attentive to us as she would like. She was covering tables in two different rooms, and the other room (the music room) was crowded due to a CD release event. She was very friendly and doing her best, just had a lot of ground to cover.

Food was good and came out in a timely fashion, prices were reasonable. Bar service was quick and friendly. Place seemed clean and well-run.

Music scene in this place is great. In addition to the CD release party I mentioned, the main bar area had a one-piece act playing blues and jazz.

I think I'll have to put this place on my regular "to do" list as far as entertainment goes.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Arrived at my hotel at 9pm on a Monday night and left in search of dinner. Came upon Monday night jam session and heard a good set while I had a very good cheeseburger. What a great find when traveling on business. Very small crowd. Waitress said that they are thinking of changing Mondays to Salsa night. Club is clean, staff is friendly and musicians were having a great time.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Although we did not eat at the Blue Wisp, we did go there for the music. SPecifically, we went to hear Jamey Aebersold, the well known jazz educator. We consider ourselves well versed in jazz. I was very impressed with the setup, acoustics and general venue layout. I was disappointed in how little attention/regard the patrons gave to Jamey and his trio. Too much talking and not enough listening.

1  Thank Larry C