“Overall great relaxing experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mitchell's Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Though most of the clients are women, the Cincinnati Bengals come to this spa for pedicures.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Overall great relaxing experience”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have been a long standing customer of MItchell's over the past four years. They have seen me through my wedding planning, pregnancy, and now postpregnancy state. It is truly an oasis in the city. I love the relaxation room and the robe service at the Kenwood location (this is not offered at Rookwood). I have had many services done for the events above: haircut, partial highlights, Swedish massage, pregnancy massage, facial, manicure, pedicure. I attended a bridal party where they gave some wedding preparation advice, and met Jozi, who is a great stylist who did my partial highlights and does a great haircut. The massages are always first rate... I was really impressed with the pregnancy massage at the Kenwood location where they had a pillow where you could lie on your stomach and not hurt the baby. The manicure and pedicures are fine, but I think you could pay less and get one of equal quality at a cheaper location (I have done both shellac and non). My one complaint would be that I was told that they could not remove milia during the facial, and they are a little bit pushy about trying to sell products during the facial. Otherwise, overall, a first rate experience.

1 Thank notyokoono

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Excellent spa and salon experience”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Mitchell's day spa is a retreat from the madness of the city. Tucked away on the 2nd floor of Kenwood Towers with a private elevator entrance, the spa provided an escape from the cold, rainy world.

The locker room included two showers and a bathroom, and some amenities for getting dressed after the experience. The relaxation room was a treat with chaises, pillows and blankets.

My massage and facial were both relaxing and professional, and customized to my personal needs. My manicure and pedicure were, also.

I left there feeling quite pampered and hated to go back to the real world.

2 Thank Christaann
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Policy vs Customer Service”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

A friend gave me the Relaxation Package for Christmas 2012. The package with tax is valued at $244.90. I am out of work and get $460/month on unemployment. This does not cover my bills. I phoned and asked for a refund explaining my circumstances and offering to prove that I was telling the truth. The CSA explained that they have a no-refund policy. (It is stated on the gc). However she said she'd talk to her manager. The manager phoned me the next morning and said she could refund the gc to my friend if he would phone her since he used his credit card and she would need his information. My friend phoned and he was told by the same manager that she could not do this. Tell me, when I'm sick with worry about how not to be homeless (I was a year ago) how can I enjoy a Relaxation Package? When I do become employed, I won't go to Mitchell's. Regardless of policy, they don't know customer service.

2 Thank Caroyn G
dayton, ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Very relaxing. Informative employees put you at ease from the start. Everything from the lighting to the robes is exactly what you want and expect in a spa.

Cincinnati
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“My go to place”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I go here for Hair - color, highlighting, cuts and Waxing - brow and bikini. I love the West Chester location - super convenient. Rhea (hair) and Lanee (waxing) are the BEST!

Visited July 2012