“Lovely and relaxing”
Review of Clifton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cincinnati
Clifton House
Ranked #2 of 16 Cincinnati B&B and Inns
North Royalton, Ohio
“Lovely and relaxing”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Nice neighborhood with homes from early 1900s. This B&B was lovely. The decor was pertfect for the time period built. It was elegant but comfortable. You could sit on the sofas without worrying about ruining them. Nancy was wonderful. She made us feel like we were long-time friends. She gave us great recommendations for activities and food. The location of the house was not far from many interesting sites and restaurants. When we go back to Cinci, I have no doubt we will be visiting Nancy again.

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw looked great
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Silver Spring
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This B&B was nice but less than I had expected based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Nancy is pleasant and friendly, but despite checking with me after I spoke with her on the phone, she still screwed up my reservation. It worked out all right but only because I insisted on not changing rooms after the first night of a two-night stay.

The room was nice but not nearly cool enough for the hot, humid weather. There was a remote control for the air conditioner, but Nancy insisted that I not change the setting, and I couldn't figure out how to use it.

The room had no closet, and breakfast was not good. Not terrible, but not good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
NYC
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We loved the Clifton house. It was the most classy B&B we have visited to date. Even though there was no room available for two nights in a row Nancy worked to accommodate our stay by letting us change rooms the second day. We stayed in the tuxedo room the first night and the new orleans room the second. Both rooms were immaculately clean. The tuxedo room's bathroom and colors (deep rich studious colors) made this our favorite. However, we would stay again in the new orleans room. Beds were comfortable. Reading the reviews in the guest book in the room was really special. Breakfasts were intimate and incredible! A professional chef prepared the menu each morning. There are many sitting areas around the house for complete relaxation and rocking chairs on the wonderful wrap around porch. Although the wood floors COULD make for a noisy experience our entire stay was quiet and peaceful all around the property. There was wine available to us and fresh baked goods throughout our stay if we wanted to partake. A short and BEAUTIFUL walk to a perfect little town among luscious landscaping.... we can't say enough good things.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoelyandPeter
Duluth
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We came to Cincinnati to visit our son and his family. Nancy greeted us at the door,gave us a wonderful tour and history of the house.She gave us lots of information on what we might like to see and where to eat. Our room was very comfortable. Breakfasts were great. There is a culinary school close to the B&B and Nancy uses chefs from the culinary school for breakfast prep. I am a huge coffee drinker and an early riser. There was coffee ready right outside our door by 6 am each morning.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Our daughter's wedding was set in Cincinnati because the majority of her friends and her fiance's family lived there. She and our family all traveled in from many different parts of the country. As you can imagine planning a wedding without having the opportunity to visit the facilities, taste the caterer's fare, or meet all the people who would have a hand in the special day can make one feel a little uneasy. Jen had been able to set everything up for her day in a very short amount of time. This fact alone made for a nervous mother of the bride.

We arrived the day before the wedding at the Clifton House and were greeted by Nancy, the gracious innkeeper, who made us feel like this really was our home. We had leased out all the main house and also the carriage house for the happy couple. The plan was that the Clifton House would be the reception site along with our base accomodations.

We sat down after our long drive, ate Nancy's ever present brownies, and talked with her about the upcoming activities. From that very moment forward it was clear to us that we had little to worry about with the wedding. Jen had done a tremendous job setting up everything which included finding this marvelous woman and her wonderful home. Nancy had been coordinating with the caterer, the cake people, and the linen and table company. She knew exactly what Jen wanted and handled its set up perfectly. She has to be the nicest drill sargeant I have ever met.

After a restful night we experienced her morning fare prepared by chef's from the culinary school and served in a dining room set for 14. Certainly not your normal B&B breakfast from my experience.

We left for the wedding excited for our kids and looking forward to the reception upon our return. And it did not disappoint. When we got back we had drinks and appetizer's on the veranda while a quartet of singers made their way through the house entertaining as they went. The servers were wonderful and everything moved at the right pace. We had dinner on the veranda and in several main rooms in the house. Our party was only sixty five people and a more perfect setting could not have been had. We retired at midnight and it was so nice to simply walk up the stairs to our room and not have to drive to some hotel.

The next morning we once again enjoyed Nancy's cuisine and sat around the large table and talked about our event. It had been such a special time for all of us. No one wanted to get up to leave. We had to say our good byes to Nancy as we all had many miles ahead that day. And I know we all were trying to think of a way to get back to this wonderful place again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank LorinDrake
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I found the Clifton House Inn when doing an online search for lodging near the Great American Ballpark. It was easy to get to from the ball game. We were welcomed by Nancy, brownies and wine upon our arrival. As it was mother's day, Nancy left to spend time with her son and we had full reign of the house! The restaurants nearby were a great variety. Nancy suggested a "hole in the wall" Mediterranean restaurant that served some of the best sandwiches we've ever had! We were hoping for some local wine and microbrews as mentioned in other reviews, but were disappointed. We were also hoping for the beer-stocked upstairs fridge as mentioned in the Clifton House website but found only Coke and Sprite. A huge disappointment was the fact that I had spoken with Nancy and emailed her twice about the fact that I do not eat pork. For breakfast, the offering was a sausage entree. I did not want to make a big deal about this, but I was extremely offended. I did not eat the breakfast, which did not seem appealing regardless of the sausage, based on the fact that no other guest ate theirs...

The bedding was absolutely divine and I slept very well. The extremely long, deep tub in our room was also amazing. I would stay here again and I would try to advocate even more for myself about what I can and cannot eat. If I come back to Cincinnati, I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We were in Cincinnati with family for a funeral service. It was perfect to have all of us in one place in a wonderful home that gave us plenty of space to share our memories, our glass of wine and to provide an ideal location near the university yet convenient to downtown and Finneytown. Our host, Nancy, could not have been more gracious and accomodating to all our needs. We all would highly recommend.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family