“Graphic designers dream”

American Sign Museum
Ranked #7 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are into advertising or graphic design I suggest checking this place out. Unfortunately when we went they weren't giving tours that day but it was still worth checking out. Lots of old advertising and neon signs from different areas. Plus you learn the history of how signage started. Something different that you can't see everywhere

There are newer reviews for American Sign Museum

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stopped by to till some time on a business trip and grabbed the afternoon tour. It was really neat and I found it interesting but I'm glad I hooked on to the free tour as it put things in much better perspective.

1  Thank DREWWW
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was a very neat place. I think the cost is a little high for the size of the museum. You definitely want to take the tour though I can't see how it would be good without that. IT was 40.00 for 3 of us and we walked thought it in 20 minutes then took the tour which gives you a lot of back ground and interesting facts. Not really a sign out front (ha ha) and we parked on the street because we weren't sure where to go.

1  Thank Debra H
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a great time at the museum! We took the guided tour with the founder. Many many many interesting informations and lots of nice things to see. We were with our 7 yo daughter and she liked it, even if she doesn't understand english very well (we speak french at home)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I love to see businesses flourish and this is at the top of my list. I first became acquainted with the museum when it was a small place in an artist's enclave and my sister and I had a personal tour with the owner and curator. The new venue is spectacular. Seeing pieces of history restored and on display warms my heart. The love and respect given the pieces is evident and how wonderful that someone has made it their mission to share that love with the rest of us. Just fabulous!

Been to American Sign Museum? Share your experiences!