“Wonderful view - Fantastic Food”

Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,050 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eggleston Avenue
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have had the opportunity to visit the Boathouse several times and have neverr beeen dissappointed. The BBQ is fantastic an the ice cream for desert is the perfect topper to a great meal. I would recommend it to anyone visiting or staying in Cincinnati area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Family tradition whenever I come into town for a visit (quarterly) is that we have a Saturday night dinner at the Boathouse. As usual, this was a blast - the food was great, service was good and I love the new Chipotle sauce. This was the first visit for my new girlfriend, who was tired of me telling her how wonderful the place is. She had the ribs as well and thought the flavor was great, ribs tender, sauce delish and service impeccable - even for a table of ten. I love this place for ambience, view, food and overall good time every time I visit.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

From the moment you arrive, the service is friendly and efficient.

There is variety in the menu, but the ribs are the best.........hard to beat. Fall off the bone..........tender and lean...........and their sauce complements the meat.

When in Cincinnatti, don't miss this establishment.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you go to the Boathouse, you have to get the specialty of the house: BBQ! The ribs are awesome (get the "order" if you want a good amount, or the "slab" if you are hungry). The chicken is also very good. For an appetizer try the Saratoga chips and the onion "straws", both a great way to sample the BBQ sauce. Try and get a table by the window for a great view of the river.

The atmosphere is generally loud, both upstairs or down. The service is capable, but not over-bearing. Our waitress was above average and kept us well fed.

If you are from out of town you have to have the ice cream (Graters), and I think the Raspberry Chocolate Chip is by far the best.

Pricing is reasonable and most of the time you are better off paying the $4.00 valet parking vs looking for a place to park.

Great place for a big group,but over 6 they add an automatic 18% gratuity. If you are in Cincinnati for a short time you have to go to the boathouse or their other restaurant in Montgomery, it is a real taste of Cincinnati.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

You get a great view along the river. They told us we could get a window seat in the bar upstairs. We walked up the stairs and were knocked out by the cigarette smoke. We certainly weren't in Chicago anymore! We went back downstairs to the smoke free main dining room.

We settled for a table for 2 in the dining room. It had a nice view.

Since, they just introduced a new chipotle BBQ sauce they gave us a free tasting with their potato chips. It was pretty good and down hill from there. I had a beef brisket sandwich with a loaded baked potato. The food was massed produced and almost average. The beef was dry with a little sauce, thank goodness they had given us some free sauce. The potato looked and tasted like it had been sitting for hours. Should've known I was in trouble when the sour cream can in a little small plastic cup.