“Great food but very dark.”

Scotti's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #734 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food but very dark.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Dropped my son off at the University of Cincinnati and since we are not from the area got a recommendation to try this restaurant. We had a very good meal here.
One drawback, it is very very dark. I really think they need to reconsider the lighting. Unfortunately I had a "germaphobe" in our party and she refused to order due to her discomfit. too bad because the food is very good.
We had the minestrone soup to start, every one agreed it was delicious. even the finicky kids in the group. Next the brought us our salad, once again the dressing is superb. I had the lobster and shrimp fra diavolo. Wonderful!! My pet peeve is when places call stuff fra diavolo and it's barely tasty. this was spicey and flavorful. My MIL had a wonderful lasagna and my kids did a sausage pasta dish.
It was a nice change after a long day. Servers were friendly and answered all questions completely. we ordered some garlic bread but I can't say if it was tasty because my kids inhaled it before I could get a taste.

My one complaint. chill the soda please. I hate hot soda with ice. taste flat.

• Visited August 2013

Columbus
“Saw the sign. We had to try it”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We were in Cincinnati for work and were walking to Skyline Chili for lunch when we saw this. Anyplace in business over 100 years deserves a try. The food was excellent. I enjoyed the manicotti and my coworkers had a variety of dishes. We will be back

• Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Small, romantic .... do not miss this restaurant!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have made this restaurant a must when visiting Cincinnati. The restaurant is family owned. The woman who waited on us, is the great granddaughter of the original owner. The atmosphere is one to remember; candles and dimly lit. This is a very romantic and intimate setting! It is within walking distance of many of the downtown hotels.

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati
“Real italian food for real people.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I've Been going to Scotti's all my life and I've read through all the reviews and simply don't get some of them but I think I've figured it out. Scotti's is a very unique, not your run of the mill experience. If you're looking for a Jeff Ruby or Nicolas type of experience forget it. If you're looking for wonderful Italian food that has evolved over more than 4 generations of the same family this is your place. Is it the most glamorous place? Nope. Is it the cheapest place? Nope. But believe me it's one of Cincinnati's jewels. Food snobs and county club types with attitudes who need their butts kissed stay away, you'll hate it and make up terrible things to say. Real people who enjoy real food and great people come on down and enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Lee S
Virginia
“Feels like an uderground cave”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

All those wine bottles strung along the ceiling and the low lighting combine to give a cave impression. Food is expensive for italian and not particularly noteworthy. Minestrone was very good. Garlic bread was almost stale. House salad was an italian cole slaw - weird. Pasta was mushy. Sauce not as good as Ragu. No reason to return.

Visited April 2013