“Service Lacking”

Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Noblesville, Indiana
“Service Lacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The food was delicious. I would have liked to finish my Chicken Marsala, but I never had the opportunity. After bread, an appetizer with wine, I wasn't that hungry and only ate 25% of my meal. I asked that it be boxed. The waiter acted as if he understood. I never got it.

My husband was served the wrong entree, he already started eating it when it was whisked away. I wonder if the other patron received the dish he started eating.

Service wasn't that fast either. The mistakes weren't speed-related. I imagine some workers didn't show up that night.

We showed up on a Thursday without a reservation and were placed in the bar. You might want a reservation if you don't want to be in the bar.

Overall, it does have a basement like atmosphere...something you might want to consider since dinner for two will run you about $75 or better.

• Visited December 2013

Miami
“Sept/Oct in Cincy 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Very satisfied. Pasta, Meatballs, Sausage, Salad, Bread and Soup formed a great meal. Not as pricy as some say. I would return without hesitation.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food but very dark.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Dropped my son off at the University of Cincinnati and since we are not from the area got a recommendation to try this restaurant. We had a very good meal here.
One drawback, it is very very dark. I really think they need to reconsider the lighting. Unfortunately I had a "germaphobe" in our party and she refused to order due to her discomfit. too bad because the food is very good.
We had the minestrone soup to start, every one agreed it was delicious. even the finicky kids in the group. Next the brought us our salad, once again the dressing is superb. I had the lobster and shrimp fra diavolo. Wonderful!! My pet peeve is when places call stuff fra diavolo and it's barely tasty. this was spicey and flavorful. My MIL had a wonderful lasagna and my kids did a sausage pasta dish.
It was a nice change after a long day. Servers were friendly and answered all questions completely. we ordered some garlic bread but I can't say if it was tasty because my kids inhaled it before I could get a taste.

My one complaint. chill the soda please. I hate hot soda with ice. taste flat.

• Visited August 2013
Columbus
“Saw the sign. We had to try it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We were in Cincinnati for work and were walking to Skyline Chili for lunch when we saw this. Anyplace in business over 100 years deserves a try. The food was excellent. I enjoyed the manicotti and my coworkers had a variety of dishes. We will be back

• Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Small, romantic .... do not miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have made this restaurant a must when visiting Cincinnati. The restaurant is family owned. The woman who waited on us, is the great granddaughter of the original owner. The atmosphere is one to remember; candles and dimly lit. This is a very romantic and intimate setting! It is within walking distance of many of the downtown hotels.

• Visited June 2013