“Maybe the best restaurant in Cincinnati”
Review of The Precinct

The Precinct
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Description: For Jeff Ruby, this is the steakhouse that started it all. In 1981, The Precinct was born in the former Cincinnati Police Patrol House Number 6. This turn-of-the-century, Romanesque-style structure would hold what is now the longest, continuously running white tablecloth restaurant in the city. Recently named one of America's Top 10 Steakhouses by USA Today and Gayot.com, The Precinct is frequently recognized as having Cincinnati’s best steaks, seafood and service. This consistent high level of quality and overall guest experience over 3 decades has endeared Precinct to celebrities, businesspeople, families and loyal diners alike.
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I have enjoyed dinner at this wonderful restaurant more than five times over the last year. The beauty of this establishment is that you can choose any atmosphere you prefer.
The main dining area is quiet and perfect for a business or romantic dinner.
The upstairs bar area has entertainment and is great for group gatherings.
Off the bar area is an outside dining area that has piped in music. It's terrific for those who like to dine outside. For those who are offended, Smoking is allowed in this area. Also cool weather is not a problem due to the presence gas fired open pit heaters.

The full menu is available in all areas.
On our most recent visit (9/26/15) we dined outside.
The food and the service was superior.
Most people think of this as a steak restaurant only. All the steak dishes are superb, however at our table we also had Walnut Encrusted Salmon which my sister thought was to die for.
My wife ordered Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo for Two. All four of us tasted this dish and the verdict was "one of the richest best tasting concoctions ever made".
I, of course had steak, "The Brandon Phillips", which is a 9 ounce steak au poivre. It's as good as any served in a high end French Restaurant.
Cincinnati no longer has any 5-star restaurants but this is about as close as it gets.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Dinner to celebrate the engagement of our son and future daughter in law. Could not have made a better choice as in my opinion this is the best Jeff Ruby restaurant if you want steak. Service is impeccable and it reminded me of the service at some of the top European restaurants. The server was available when needed, but not intrusive and was really helpful with entree selection. I chose the blackened ribeye with a freddie salad. We also had the brussel sprouts as an additional dish. We were all four very happy with our selections and my ribeye was cooked to perfection. If you want exceptional steaks in a nice historic setting then this should be your first choice.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Went here with a group (~10) for a business dinner. It was my 1st time here, but I've visited other Jeff Ruby restaurants & enjoy them very much. The Precinct is known for steaks - which most of us ordered. I ordered a blackened ribeye which was very flavorful and good. The meals come with a salad, The freddie, which is similar to a BLT salad, is always yummy. We also ordered several sides - award winning macaroni & Cheese, Brussel sprouts & spinach. All were wonderful and I don't historically like Mac & Cheese or brussel sprouts but I would order both again. Our server was very professional & did a great job - especially w/ our large group. Even though we had little to no room, we ordered dessert - our side of the table got the ricotta donuts - they were delicious.
I definitely recommend the Precinct or any of Jeff Ruby's restaurants. Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

For the price I expected it to be amazing and it was just okay. The good was not bad but I would not go again. The one highlight was the tableware bananas foster which was delicious.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

First off, for those wondering about the name, yes, its an historic old police station! This visit we were escorted to a private room, very comfortable for our group of 8. Great service, friendly helpful, very professional staff! And the Food! This is some of the Best Food you'll ever get to enjoy!