“Sunset dinner over the river”

Celestial Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Celestial Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #824 of 2,020 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Monastery Street
Description: Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Wonderful view from the top of Mt. Adams! Service was a little slow, but to be fair the waiter got slammed all at once. The shrimp and cheese grits were great, and my cousin loved his chicken. We both agreed the creme brûlée was one the best ever! Nice choice for a relaxing dinner after the play in Eden Park.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Visited this restaurant recently with a group of colleagues from IHeart Radio. Food was outstanding views of Cincinnati breathtaking and the chops 4 Stars in my book. Service excellent and overall dining experience top notch.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had read the negative reviews but still was excited to go to this iconic Cincinnati restaurant. The view is amazing but the negative reviews are also true, i.e., the food was cold, service spotty, portions small, and the décor hasn't changed since the '80's maybe '70's. As far as service goes - we had the opposite experience as everyone else...they hustled us through there in no time. But when you are going for view and pricey courses, it shouldn't be faster than an applebees or whatnot. When we left I thought okay I have been to the Celestial now and I don't need to go back. If you really want to take in the view or always wanted to check out the Celestial, I recommend going in for a drink at the bar to take in the view and then going over to Rookwood or downtown to one of the many other higher rated restaurants.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We went to the Celestial for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was the sight of our rehearsal dinner. I can tell you this place has gone down hill. I should have gone to Outback. I would have better food and service for half the price. Everything took forever to get. Our drinks took so long to be delivered that the ice in my cocktail had almost melted completely. Our food was cold when it was delivered. The waiter never checked on us. I had to ask another server to get our check. 30 minutes later it arrived. I had to threaten to leave before it finally came, They ruined our anniversary dinner. I sent the owner an email sharing our experience, His response was that they were busy that night.

2  Thank Ben G
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It's hard to beat the view. The service is top notch. The food was good but not outstanding, in fact a tad cold.